Did You Just...?

(A/N: You know what hug I talk about. Modern AU.)

Hiccup hadn't seen her in two weeks. The first class was one because he thought that she had slept overtime and missed her buss to school.

But, when days passed and he hadn't heard anything from her, he started to get worried.

I mean, wouldn't you if your best friend hadn't showed up for school for two weeks and didn't answer on any phone calls or messages.

This day, Hiccup skipped school and went directly to Astrid's house. He knocked on the door and it opened a few seconds later.

Hiccup leaned back and squinted his eyes. Her boyfriend was sanding by the door, a pair of pants and a thin linen shirt on him. He was holding a beer flask in his right hand as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Ah...uh, Haggard, right?" The drunk young man named Scott asked. Hiccup's eyebrows furrowed and his clenched his fists.

"It's Hiccup! Where's Astrid!?" He yelled at her, knowing that if he was with her, then no good had happened.

"None of your business, whimp!" Scott yelled and stood up normally. Hiccup took a deep breath before walking up to the man at the door and slapping him across the face.

Being as drunk as he was, Scott fell against the wall and slid down it.

Hiccup slammed the door shit behind him as he ran into the house, up the stairs and into his best friends room.

There she was, arms tied to the post of the wooden bed. Her legs were tied to the end of the bed and she was only in her underwear. A cloth was propped into her mouth.

Hiccup quickly hurried over to her and pulled it out, making her caught. He searched the room and oddly, found a knife.

He didn't want to imagine what Scott would have done with her and the knife.

Hiccup quickly cut the ropes and freed her. Astrid threw herself into his arms.

Hiccup wrapped an arm around her as he fumbled to get his phone out of his pocket with a shaky hand.

He called his cousin. Snotlout answered. "What's up, bro?" Hiccup heard. "Call the police, I'm in a kind of sticky situation..." He said.

"Why, what have happened?"

"You know Astrid's boyfriend? Yeah, he tried to rape her..." Hiccup was interrupted by Astrid. "He already have..." She rasped out.

Snotlout heard that and quickly said, "On it!" Before ending the call.

Hiccup looked at Astrid an threw his phone into the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and brung her as close as he could. "I'm so sorry for not being there for you, M'lady..."

Astrid wrapped her arms around her crushed body and breathed in his scent.

"You're here now..." She said before falling limp in his body.

•••

It's been three months since he found her in her room, tied up, ready to be raped an possibly killed.

Scott had been put in a child's jail until he could pay for him to get out.

Astrid to recover from what had happened to her so under the mean time, she had moved in to Hiccup in his own "small" apartment.

She had done fine and during that time, they had found each other's love and was now a couple.

She was so ready to forget how she had been treated that about a week ago, she had actually taken them as far as going to bed and spending the night.

Not sleeping.

(A/N: That didn't make sense, did it? Not for me either. I'm completely out of my mind, literally. I can't stop thinking about- NOTHING!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.