The Call (chapter 3)

It hadn't been more than a week since the packet with the sad news came. Astrid was still sad but little Ander always cheered her up.

While Astrid was cooking, Ander stood beside her, wanting to be picked up. Astrid laughed and picked him up. She placed him on her waist, holding him by having a hand under him. Ander played with Astrid's braid as she cooked.

Then, suddenly, the door knocked. Astrid placed the food aside and went to the door, opening it.

There stood a long, slim man with auburn hair, green eyes an freckles. "Astrid Hofferson?" The man asked. "Yes? Who is it?" She asked.

"Don't you remember me?" The man asked. Astrid looked at him up and down. She then shook her head. "It's me...Hiccup..." The man answered.

Astrid looked at him. "No...it can't be...your dead." Hiccup shook his head. "No...it was a mistake. One o my mates took wrong jacket and got shoot."

Astrid placed down her son. "Go inside Ander...I'll be back soon..." Astrid said a stepped outside, closing the door. "Hiccup?" She asked. The man nodded. "Who was the boy?" He asked. Astrid looked down before she looked up on him. She placed her hand on his chest. "It really is you."

"Did you get married?" Hiccup asked. "No...remember our prom night?" Astrid asked. "Yeah? What about it?"

"The boy...he's your son..." Astrid said and wrapped her arms around his neck. Hiccup looked at her and wrapped is arms around her waist. "He's...he's my son?" He asked, stunned. "Yes...do you wanna meet him?"

"Of course..."

Astrid pulled away from Hiccup and took his hand. She opened the door and went in with him, closing it behind him. "Ander! Can you please come here?" Astrid asked. The little boy slowly and shyly walked towards his mother. Astrid picked him up.

"Ander...this, this is you father...he wasn't dead...it was just a mistake..." Ander looked at the man. "He's my father?" The boy asked.

"Yes..."

"Can he hold me?"

Astrid looked at Hiccup and nodded. She handed her son over to him and before he knew, Ander had thrown his arms around him.

"Daddy!!"

Hiccup laughed and wrapped his free arm around his girlfriends waist. He pulled her against him. They group hugged and right at that moment, everything was perfect.