Remember

(A/N: I love the video above. Hiccup is so...fabulous! I wish that I was Astrid sometimes!)

Hiccup walked into his house with a smile, Toothless and Astrid trailing after him.

Hiccup's mother, Valka, looked up from her sewing with a smile. The chief and his girlfriend smiled back at the older woman.

The door closed after them with a light bang and a creak, which made shivers run up and down Astrid's spine.

Hiccup looked at his girl, letting her walk up to him. He wrapped and arm around her shoulders, smiling.

"Hey, mom," Hiccup said slowly, walking over to his chair. He pulled out another chair from the table, placing it next to his.

Astrid smiled, sitting down softly.

"Hey, son. Hey, Astrid."

Astrid smiled heartily, placing her hands in her lap. "Good evening, Mrs. Haddock."

Valka laughed. "Please, call me Valka, Astrid. Considering that you're already one of the family, you should know my proper name," The forty-year-old woman said.

Hiccup smiled at the two. He leaned his arms on his legs, scratching his head.

Astrid looked at her boyfriend, carefully placing a hand on his back. Like she had done the day before the battle with Drago, - which had been this morning.

She knew that Hiccup was still shaken up from his fathers death but she also knew that he would be better. Because, tags who he was.

He was Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, chief of Berk and the greatest dragon master in the world.

Hiccup turned his head towards his lover, giving her a reassured smile.

"Well, did something happen?" Valka broke in, wondering why the two where with her and not with each other.

The couple looked at the older woman. "No, no, nothing happened. Everything's just fine," Hiccup said.

However, he looked down to the floor after that. Valka out away her sewing, placing a gentle hand on her sons knee.

"Remember..." Hiccup begun, looking up. Astrid watched him with affectionate.

"Remember...um, how am I going to say this?" He asked himself. "Yesterday...when we flew together, um..."

Valka raised her brows.

"It felt like, I've got back something I didn't know I've lost."

Astrid looked at her man, trailing her hand down his shoulder, arm, forearm before grabbing his hand.

Hiccup looked at her before looking back at his mother, squeezing Astrid's hand.

"Hiccup..." Valka trailed off when he opened his mouth.

"And that the part I'll chose to remember. I know that we don't chose when we want to die. The gods chose it for us. Because, we have a mission to complete here on earth. I know that my dads mission was to be a great father and chief. He succeeded. He was a great father to me. And a great chief. I just hope that I can live up to him."

Valka closed her eyes for a second, breathing in before looking at the two.

"Hiccup, you will live up to your fathers manners. And Astrid's here to help you. I'll be here too, if you need any advise. Just don't ask me how to change a baby's diaper because I've totally forgot!" Valka said with a laugh. Astrid looked away, blushing while Hiccup looked at her with a smile.

Valka smiled after she stopped laughing, standing up. She patted Toothless' head on the way to the door.

"I'm going out, taking a flight with Cloudjumper. See you guys in the morning."

Then, she disappeared.

"Well, that was awkward," Astrid said. She looked back at Hiccup. "And now we know where your awkwardness comes from!" She joked.

Hiccup frowned. "That's mean! I though that you cared about me! But, I guess that you don't anymore!" He said, pranking her, hastily pulling away his hand from hers and standing up.

Hiccup turned away from his girlfriend, crossing his arms. Astrid looked at him with big eyes.

"I'm sorry," She said, standing up. The blonde walked up to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She placed her lips by his ear. "I'm sorry. I do care about you, my big baby with a great ass."

Hiccup's cheeks slightly turned pink. He looked at her with his peripheral vision, seeing her lean in.

He felt her lips on the crook of his neck, making him shiver. "And yes, I said it. You have a great ass," Astrid whispered, turning his around.

Hiccup smiled. "It least, I'm good looking for my even better looking wife."

Astrid smiled, leaning up to kiss him but paused. She stared at him with huge eyes, pulling back.

"Did you just...did you just propose to me?"

"Yeah I did, gorgeous woman," Hiccup said, picking her up. Astrid laughed. "So, you agree?"

The man begun to walk upstairs towards his room. "Of course I agree. I wouldn't want to marry anybody else than you..."

"Good, me neither!"