Pianos And Funeral

It would happen today. It was the day when Stoick the Vast - the last major of Berk - had his funeral.

He sadly died in a car accident a week ago, so his son, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III had to take over the village.

Now, Hiccup wasn't the ordinary guy everybody thought by looking at him. He was the best dog trainer in the world. At only the age of 20, he already had a reputation of being able to master any dog.

And it was thanks to Toothless, his Golden Retriever. The black dog had done so much for Hiccup. An the young adult ha done many things for the Golden to.

As I said earlier, Hiccup wasn't a ordinary guy. He was a famous dog trained and he was a pianist.

As being the boyfriend of Astrid Hofferson, - soon to be Haddock - she had said that he could play the piano on his fathers funeral.

The whole funeral wasn't an ordinary either. The whole village was there, watching as Hiccup walked onto the stage, over to the microphone.

"Now, as everybody knows, my father was a great man. I always wanted to be like him when I grow up. So strong, so smart, so...selfless. But someone very important to me told me that I didn't need to go into my fathers footsteps. She said that I could be so much more. And now that we're standing here today, I wanted to play a little piece I wrote a few days ago."

Hiccup finished his speech and slowly walked over to the piano standing a few feet away from the mic. He sat down and slowly in hailed some fresh air before placing his hands on the piano.

He then begin to play. (A/N: Start the music.) The people who where sitting in the crowd, where silently crying.

They knew that Hiccup played, - so did Astrid - but they didn't knew that he could play that good. Nor did Astrid. She stood at the edge of the scene, in a black long dress.

Hiccup played on, tears building in his eyes as he moved his fingers from one place to another.

As Astrid watched her boyfriend play, she noticed new things about him and his playing.

She noticed how he played with his eyes closed. She noticed how he slowly swung with the rhythm of the soft sounds the piano was making.

Astrid then noticed how tears where making it's way down his cheeks.

The crowed watched as Hiccup played. Some of the people where crying silently and some of them where sniffling.

The music softly ended and Hiccup took a deep breath, blinking away the reminding years that threatened to spill out. He looked up, seeing his girlfriend standing by the edge of the scene, smiling sadly at him before she wiped one of her tears away.

Soft clapping was heard and Hiccup stood up. He turned towards his people and smiled, bowing his head a little as a thanks.

Astrid clapped to, making her way into the scene and walking 'till he was beside him. Hiccup fastened one of his arms around her waist and pulled her against him. "That was beautiful..." She whispered and looked at him. "Thanks..."

He then let do of Astrid and walked over to the mic. "Thank you...I really appreciate it. As you all know, Stoick was a great major...but he was an even better father. Even if it didn't seem like it, he gave me love. He cared about me and Astrid. Right before he died in the hospital, he asked me to take care of the village and Astrid. I promised him and I will promise all of you that I will try to make this village as good as possible. I know that we miss Stoick dearly and it will hurt but we will make though this..." Hiccup started and looked at Astrid before he looked at the people in the crowd.

"Because we are stronger then everybody else. We have each other...and we should be great fun go that!"

The people stood up and clapped at their young major. Hiccup smiled before he felt an arm on his shoulder. "I love you..." Astrid said softly.

"I love you to..."

"Naw..." They heard the crowd say. They turned red. "Come on..." Hiccup said and took Astrid's hand, pulling her off the stage.

"You where great..." Some people said as they patted Hiccup on the shoulder. Hiccup nodded. Then, Hiccup's mother came up.

"Mom?" Hiccup asked. "I thought that you where home...your sick..." He said concerned. "Oh...I'm fine, I promise..."

"Alright..."

The woman then walked away. Astrid walked in front of her boyfriend. "Your amazing..." She said and pecked his lips.

Hiccup smiled. "Thanks...I'm really glad that your here, Astrid..." The blonde smiled. "Me to..."

Hiccup the looked down. "Hey...come by my house tonight...I'll make sure to comfort you, alright?"

"...Alright..."

Astrid smiled and pecked Hiccup's lips before walking a way. They continued the funeral for a few more hours before walking home.

Hiccup made sure to stop by Astrid's house that evening...but I can promise you that here was WAY more than just comforting!