Departing

(A/N: Just a little something that came into my mind a few hours ago.)

The morning had gone fast and before Astrid knew it, she had to say farewell to her husband.

Ever since the battle with Drago and the loss of their late chief, Stoick the Vast, Hiccup had become chief and now ha to deal with the thing that his father had done before.

Being chief not always meant that he needed to stay on Berk.

No, chief meetings had been full on working since he'd become chief.

Hiccup really didn't know how his father could manage all those chief meetings. They where exhausting, boring and talking forever.

He didn't want to be away from Berk for several days. Especially not now that he had a pregnant wife to take care of.

Astrid had told him several times that it was totally okay that he was gone on chief meetings, but deep inside, he knew that she didn't want him to leave.

"Astrid, you know how much I love you. Are you sure that it's fine if I go to this meeting?"

Hiccup asked, having one of his arms around Astrid's waist while the other was slowly stroking her cheek.

The blonde nodded. "Yeah, it's...it's fine. Trust me," She said, fighting to keep back the tears.

"But I don't want to go. I want to be with you, and our baby."

Hiccup placed his large hand on her still growing stomach. He got to know about seven months ago that she was pregnant so they where roughly at the end.

"Hiccup...babe, it's fine."
Astrid shouldn't have sobbed after that. "No, Astrid, it's not fine. I can clearly see that you're not alright. Please, let me-"

"No! I'm fine! You can go! I'm fine! It's not like, I'll die without you for a few days."

Hiccup looked at her with the look that made her knees buckle.

"Alright, I'll die without you for a few days..." Astrid whispered, burring her face into his armored collar.

Hiccup wrapped his other hand, - which where laying on her stomach - around her body. Even though she was pregnant, she could perfectly fit into his arms.

"I'm staying with you this time, alright?"

Astrid didn't respond. She just stood there, heart beating fast from the stress.

She was just about to say something when a sharp pain struck her stomach.
Hiccup seemed to notice since she tensed and groined loudly. He looked down and saw her clench the shirt covering her pregnant belly.

Hiccup's protective instincts kicked in a second later. "Astrid? Astrid, what is it?" He asked, panic laced deeply in his voice.

"My stomach...it hurts!" Astrid yelled, beginning to cry. Hiccup whistled for Toothless. The Night Fury was beside him in a second. The chief placed his wife onto his dragon, settling himself gown behind her.

"Toothless. Get us to Gothi, fast!" Said dragon roared, shooting into the air and speeding towards the old healers hut. They landed a few minutes later.

"Gothi!" Hiccup yelled, helping down his wife from the dragon. Astrid's knees buckled all the way in to the hut.

The little woman came out with a worried face. Astrid kept clutching her stomach while groining, almost beginning to scream.

"Help her. She complains about stomach ache," Hiccup said, his hands shaking as he slowly laid down his wife on the bed.

Gothi walked over to Astrid, placing a bony hand on the woman's belly. She turned around, writing into the sand.

"Contractions? But, she's only seven months pregnant! She can't have contractions now!"Hiccup yelled.

Gothi only nodded and pushed him out of her hut, closing the door. Toothless crooned, asking if everything was fine. Hiccup looked at his dragon.

"She can't give birth now. It's to early! She's only seven months pregnant! She can't give birth now..."

•••

Valka quickly walked up to her son. "Hiccup, what's happening?" She asked. Hiccup looked up from the ground, into his mothers eyes.

"Astrid's having contractions. She's only seven months pregnant! She can't give birth now! It's to early!"

Valka looked at her son. "Come on, we need to go to her, she needs your support, son."

•••

Astrid was in hell. She had never felt such pain before as she felt now. She wanted her husband beside her. She wanted her chief beside her. She wanted Hiccup beside her.

The man she loved. She wouldn't go though this if she wants beside her.

She heard someone storm into the hit but couldn't see who it was. She didn't have the strength to turn to look who it was.

"I have to see her! Let me inside!"Astrid heard a familiar voice say.
"Hiccup," Came a hoarse voice from her lips.

"Astrid?"

Seconds later, he was beside her.

"Sshh," Hiccup soothed her, grabbing her hand and placing his other hand on her forehead.

"I'm here, Astrid. Sshh, I'm here."
The blonde started to cry. "It hurts, Hiccup...it hurts..." Astrid whispered.

"I know it does. Hold on, it will be over. I promise..."

Hiccup hated to see his wife in this stage. If he'd known that this would happen, then he wouldn't have gotten her pregnant. But, she wanted it so...
He still hated himself for doing this to her.

"Hold on, Astrid. We'll fix this, together."

Astrid looked at her husband. "I love you," She said though gritted teeth. "I love you to, Astrid," Hiccup said and leaned down, placing his lips onto her forehead.
"It will be alright. I promise. You make it. I'll be here, no matter what..."