Period

(A/N: Wrote from my experience. I write this while I was in the same situation as Astrid.)

Hiccup was worried. He hadn't seen Astrid in a few days and that had made him worried. He could only hope that she wasn't hurt.

So, to check on if everything was alright, he went to her house and knocked. When no one opened, he walked inside, only to find that everything was empty downstairs.

"Astrid?" He questioned throughout the house. "Hiccup?" Came a forced voice from the loft. The twenty-year-old closed the door and hurried upstairs.

"Astrid?" He asked again, worry laced in his voice. "No, Hiccup. Don't-" but before the blonde could finish her sentence, the door had opened and in came the young chief.

"Astrid? Are you alright?" Hiccup asked when he saw Astrid laying in her bed, a dozen furs oven her.

"I'm f-fine..."

Hiccup walked towards her an that's when he saw that she was crying. "Astrid?" He asked for the forth time and crouched down beside the bed, in front of his girlfriend.

"Astrid...please, tell me what's wrong..." Hiccup pleaded. "You won't understand..." The blonde said and clutched her stomach under the furs.

"Just tell me. I hate to see you like this. What's the matter?"

"My stomach hurts...because I'm on my period."

Hiccup's mouth formed into a 'O' and his eyes widened. "Is there something that I can do to make you feel better?" He asked.

Astrid nodded. "First, take off that suit" the blonde ordered. Hiccup nodded and made quick work with taking off his clothing. He left on his pants and shirt.

Astrid shifted. "Lay down with me, heat helps the cramps..." She said. Hiccup nodded once again and did as she said.

The young man climbed in next to Astrid and pressed his chest against her back, draping his arm over her stomach.

"Is this okay?" Hiccup asked. Astrid nodded slowly before taking his hand. She moved it over her stomach in circles and when she felt him move his hand on his own, she let it go.

"I wish that I was a guy sometimes. So that I wouldn't get my period."

Hiccup signed and pressed a kiss onto the top of her head. "How long do you have this period?" Hiccup asked.

"A week..." Astrid said and turned her head to look at him. "That long?" Hiccup asked, mostly in surprise. "Yeah, and trust me, be glad that your a guy because that week I a total hell."

"Why?"

Astrid laughed but regretted it because her stomach twitched. "Ow!" She moaned. Hiccup's hand movements never stopped.

"Because, when girls have their period, they get moody, angry over nothing and they...um, they bleed from...down there..." Astrid explained.

"That's...-"

"Gross? I know! Bloody hell!"

Hiccup laughed. "Hey, you can tell me whenever you have these periods. I'll be more than glad to help it it means to make you happy."

Astrid slowly formed around in his grip and buried her nose into his chest. "Thank you, Hiccup. I love you."

"I love you to, M'lady."

Astrid smiled and pulled away her head from his chest. Hiccup leaned down and pecked her lips before they got back to their late position.

"You feeling better?" Hiccup asked. "Yeah, but only a little...thank you."

"Your wish is my command, M'lady."

Astrid smiled and breathed in his scent. She wound one of her arms around his waist to pull him closer. Their stomachs touched and Astrid suddenly felt much better.

Hiccup sensed that Astrd would fall asleep any second so he said, "when you wake up, I'll make you some soup, is that alright?"

"Mmm."

"'Night, M'lady."

"'Night, babe."