Bring Me To Life

(A/N: Recognize the title? It's a song. Evanescence - Bring Me To Life.)

Hiccup sobbed heavily, slumping down even more on his bed, looking at his hands.

"I can't believe he's gone..." Hiccup said. No one was in the room, or in the house for that matter of fact.

Hiccup cried even more, just by the though of that he didn't have a father anymore. "He saved me..." Hiccup whispered. "He cared about me?"

"Of course he did, Hiccup," The man heard. He looked up, seeing Astrid stand by the door. In front of her, stood one of Hiccup's best students from the academy.

Little Alexa looked down at her feet, not daring to look up at the chief.

Hiccup furrowed his brows, wiping away his tears. "Alexa? What are you doing here?" Hiccup asked softly.

The small red head looked up at Astrid before she looked at Hiccup.

"We...saw that you where sad and came to comfort you..." The little girl said. Hiccup looked at Astrid. The blonde nodded, stroking Alexa's shoulder with both of her hands.

The man smiled, scooting over and patting the place next to him. The two females walked inside of the room. Astrid lifted up the little red head on the bed before she herself sat down.

Astrid placed her hand on Hiccup's back, even though she didn't sit beside him. Alexa stood up, being just as tall as the two adults.

"Hiccup?" Alexa asked. "Yeah?" Hiccup asked, looking at the girl beside him. Alexa hesitated.

Astrid smiled and placed a soft hand on the girls shoulder. "Go on, he don't bite. At least not you," Astrid said, casting a meaningful glaze at Hiccup.

The man raised his brows, looking at his girlfriend. "What? I only did it once..." He said. Astrid gave him a look. "Okay, maybe a couple of hundred times." (A/N: And now, I have Justin Bieber's song in my head. Get OUT-!!!)

Alexa looked at the two before she looked back at Hiccup. "You bit her?" She asked. "Yeah...wait! No, I didn't. What did you want?" Hiccup changed the theme.

"Yeah, um...you're still going to be our teacher, right?" The red haired girl asked. Hiccup signed. "I'm sorry, Alexa but...I don't think I can do both the academy and being chief."

Astrid moved her hand that was still laying on Hiccup's back.

"But...think of it the positive way. I can always come for a visit. And Astrid's going to be your teacher now, right M'lady?"

Astrid laughed lightly. "I guess?" She asked. Alexa smiled. However, she turned towards the man.

"Why are you chief, really? What happened to your dad?"

Hiccup's breath caught. He looked at Astrid, seeing her bow down her head in defeat.

Hiccup signed. He grabbed the girls arms and lifted her up, placing her on his thighs. Hiccup held into her so she would fall.

The girl to a step to get the back balance before looking at Hiccup.

"Look, Alexa. I'm chief now because...my dad died. He saved me when another man tried to kill me. I'm his son so I needed to take his place. That's why I'm chief now."

A tear rolled down Hiccup's cheek and the girl standing in his lap raised her hand, placing it in Hiccup's cheek.

The man looked up at her. "Don't cry..." Alexa said before carefully taking small steps towards him. Hiccup placed his large hand on the girls back when she wrapped her small arms around his neck.