Mistletoe

Hiccup smiled and sat down by one of the tables all alone. He looked around to find everybody happy.

The owners dragons where either spending time with the family or playing with the kids.

And, it had also turned out that Meatlug was a girl.

That might explain a few things.

A soft grumble was heard from behind him and Hiccup turned around to find his Night Fury, Toothless, standing there.

The boy smiled, placing a soft his don op of the black dragons head. "Are you also bored?"

•••

Astrid was looking around the Great Hall. He searched for him. She wanted to see him.

Not only because she was bored, but because she wanted to see her best friend.

The blonde climbed onto a table and looked over the crowd. She spotted him on the other side of the hall with a certain dragon.

•••

"Hello."

Hiccup jumped but settled down when he heard a hearty chuckle. "Astrid!" He said, making out her shape from the corner of his eye.

The blonde walked to the other side of the table and sat down in front of the auburn boy, smiling.

"Hey, Hiccup...what are you doing?" Astrid asked. The boy shrugged. "Nothing, really. Watching the party with Toothless..."

"Yeah, I can see that..."

And then the awkward silence begin. The only thing that was heard was the music, people's talking and a few burps.

Astrid looked at the chief with his trusty friend Gobber while they where drinking mead.

The blondes eyes trailed to a little girl holding a Terrible Terror. Honestly, the dragon was bigger than she was.

The dragons tail was practically dragging behind the little redhead.

Astrid laughed when the small dragon breathed out a small cloud of smoke though it's nose trails.

But, without her knowing, Hiccup had been watching her the whole time.

His forearms where leaned against the table while he was looking affectionately at her.

Suddenly, Astrid turned her he's towards him and caught him staring.

Hiccup quickly looked away but not fast enough. Astrid smiled and reached out her arm, slowly brushing her fingers over his before intertwining their fibers.

Hiccup looked at her with a questioning look but smiled. "Astrid..." He said.

"Happy Snoggletog..." The blonde said before he could say anything more.

Suddenly, Astrid let go of his hand and stood up, walking over to Hiccup, pulling him up to her.

A slow music started to play and Astrid laid her hands on his shoulders.

Hiccup, however, only stood there, looking down onto the stone floor.

Astrid signed and pulled back her hands, grabbing his wrists; placing them on her waist before going back to her late position.

Hiccup gulped before looking into her eyes. Astrid gave him a reassured smile before slowly starting to sway with the songs tempo.

They did that for a second of two before the blonde to a step closer to Hiccu, wrapping her left arm around him, placing the respective hand on his back.

She laid her head in his shoulder and signed. Hiccup slowly begin to grow a smile before a grumble interrupted them.

There stood Toothless, holding a piece of plant inside his mouth, above them.

However, the piece of plant was a; Mistletoe.

Astrid looked at Hiccup with a smile before stretching out her hand to rub Toothless' chin.

"Good dragon!" She laughed before pulling in the boy by using a hand on his back.

"Two times aim bad, huh, Hiccup?" Astrid joked before pressing her lips against his.

Hiccup's eyes widened but soon closed when he felt her moving her head, trying to deepen the kiss.

He bravely wound his arms around her back, pulling her closer. Astrid smiled before pulling away, out of breath.

"Good dragon, very good dragon..." Astrid whispered as she still stroking Toothless' chin.

The dragon smiled, turning away and laying the plant on the table before joining the other dragons.

Astrid wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him against her.

"You have a very well-trained dragon..." Astrid joked, straining a laugh from him while pressing her lips against the scar on his chin.

"Happy Snoggletog, Astrid."

And that were the time where Astrid begin to love Toothless more.