You'll Be In My Heart

Hiccup sat, slumped together on the edge of his bed. His legs was apart with his elbows leaned on them. He was holding his head in his hands, crying.

He had lost his father just a few hours ago. He had gotten back his mother. And most importantly, he had been made chief.

He still didn't know if he could pull off all the chiefing stuff that his father could.

Hiccup signed and let even more tears fall. The floor in front of his was almost drenched.

Suddenly, a knock was heard by his door but he didn't care. He couldn't look up.

"Hiccup..." He heard a sweet and to recognized voice. Astrid walked into the room and sat down next to him, enveloping him into a comforting hug. But, Hiccup didn't even move to hug her back.

Astrid signed and pulled away. She stood up and leaned down to place a kiss on top of his head. "Well, if you don't want me here, then I'll leave. Just know that I'll listen to you if you want anything."

Astrid walked away, towards the door when a raspy voice said, "Don't leave, please."

Astrid turned around to find him looking at her with those big emerald eyes full of tears.

"Oh Hiccup!" She said and rushed towards him, hugging him. Hiccup buried his head into her neck and cried.

Astrid patted his back before pulling away. She held Hiccup's face in her hands.

Then, she did something she'd never done before. Astrid begin to sing.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

Hiccup looked into Astrid's eyes, tears still streaming down his face.

I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

Astrid smiled and placed a small kiss on Hiccup's cheek before continuing.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always

"Always?"

Astrid nodded.
Why can't they understand the way we feel?
They just don't trust what they can't explain
I know we're different but deep inside us
We're not that different at all

And you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know?
We need each other
To have, to hold.
They'll see in time
I know

When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

Hiccup had stopped crying but he still watched and listened to Astrid.

Her voice wasn't bad. Really. It was almost better than his mothers.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
I'll be there from this day on,
Now and forever more

Oh, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart,
Always
Always

I'll be with you
I'll be there for you always
Always and always
Just look over your shoulder
I'll be there always.

Astrid stopped singing and smiled. She leaned in and placed her lips onto Hiccup's. Said man pulled away and skillet stood up. Astrid followed him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I love you, you know that, right?" The blonde asked and looked up at her man. "Yes, I know. Thank you, Astrid" Hiccup said with a smile.

The woman smiled and pulled away. However, tangy smile turned into a smirk before Astrid pushed the button. The fin on his back popped out and the blonde laughed.

"You know, you seriously are going to break that thing someday..." Hiccup pointed at her with a grin.

"As if you can't fix it!"

The two laughed before Astrid suddenly shrieked.

Hiccup had grabbed her shoulders and pushed her up against a wall. He pressed his lips against the blondes neck and licked it.

"Hiccup! No!" Astrid laughed. "Oh, someone, help the fair lady!" The man joked.

"No, there's no need for help!" Astrid said before being thrown into the bed gently.