Going After It

(A/N: What if Hiccup had followed after Astrid in Fright of Passage when she flew away on Stormfly?)

"Thanks a lot guys," Hiccup said as he looked at the twins. "No problem!" Tuffnut said and walked into one of the old dragon cages.

Hiccup turned towards the way Astrid had flew to and looked up into the sky.

"Come on, bud! We gotta find Astrid before she does something bad."

The dragon grumbled.

•••

"There you are," Hiccup said softly as he walked up to his friend. Astrid's head whipped around to see who it was and relaxed when she saw Hiccup.

"What are you doing here?" The blonde asked, fiddling with her axe.

"I was searching for you. Are you alright?" Hiccup asked as he crouched down on the floor in front of Astrid, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You seemed to be a little upset when you just flew away," The boy told his best friend as he move to sit down in front of her.

Astrid slowly nodded and put away her axe. Hiccup pulled back his hand from her shoulder and just looked at the girl he was so fond of.

"You know, you can tell me anything. I swear that I won't laugh. I promise. Your my...best friend after all."

Astrid broke her eye contact with him and looked down onto the ground beside her.

"That's the point. Where best friends. Best friends doesn't kiss each other...not in the Viking world where living in at least," Astrid told the boy in front of her as she slowly lifted her eyes to meet his.

Hiccup hesitated but grabbed Astrid's hand, tracing the wrinkles in her palm.

Astrid giggled at the ticklish sensation and wanted to pull back her hand but when Hiccup lovingly cupped her hand in his, she stopped.

Hiccup smiled himself and trailed his hand up her forearm. Astrid looked into his eyes and got lost. He watched her with such affection that she had never seen before.

She knew right then that he cared about her. And that he would do anything to her.