City of Sails

(A/N: What the heck is wrong with me?)

Hiccup smiled softly and walked up to her. They were in the Great Hall, having a council meeting. It had just ended and he spotted her by the shields that were hanging on the wall.

"Hey, M'Lady," He said and placed his hands on her shoulders. Astrid turned her head towards her husband and smiled. "Hey, babe," She said and looked back at the portraits.

"Can you believe it?" Hiccup whispered and kissed the back of her head. "Believe what?" Astrid asked in the same tone.

"That we've come this far. I mean, it feels as though was just yesterday that the long war with the dragons ended. And now, I'm standing here, beside you, looking back at an old portrait of me and my father," Hiccup said and smiled.

When though he still missed his father greatly, he knew that he was with them. Astrid would always tell him how he yelled, "That's my future daughter in law!" At the Dragon Races the day before Drago attacked.

Hiccup would laugh and make a joke out of it. Like, "Sorry, but that ship has sailed," or "Too late."

But, there they stood, young adults beginning their life with a new family member on the way.

Hiccup placed his large hand on her stomach and Astrid smiled, leaning back until she leaned against him. "You're beautiful," He said while rubbing his hand over her stomach.

It was very late Snoggletog, - almost spring - and Astrid still had a few months left before birth do the due date would be something around the summer time.

They heard a grumble and slowly turned around. Toothless sat there with an innocent look. "Okay, what did you do?" Hiccup joked. Toothless slowly backed away from them. Astrid furrowed her brows.

"Hiccup, don't joke around now, he's afraid of something. Remember the first week after the war?" She asked. Hiccup looked at her before looking back at Toothless.

"Bud, what is it?" He asked. Toothless kept backing away slowly. "It's alright, Toothless. I won't hurt you. You're my best friend," He said and stretched out his hand.

Toothless stopped and looked at his rider. His gaze shifted to Astrid and she tilted her head, slowly walking up to Hiccup.

The Night Fury begun to back away again. "Astrid, he's...afraid of you," Hiccup said and pulled back his hand. "There's nothing I can do."

Astrid looked at her husband before looking back at the mighty animal in front of them.

She slowly sat down.

"Can you...?"

Hiccup looked at her with confused eyes before getting it. "Oh, yeah, I'll back off."

Astrid turned her gaze back to the dragon and held out her hand. "Hey, Toothless," She said softly. "You don't have to be afraid of me. I won't harm you," She said.

Toothless grumbled and shifted his eyes down to her stomach. "What- oh," She realized why he acted that way. "Come here Toothless."

He didn't even budge.

"Come here. Don't worry," Astrid said and smiled. Toothless hesitated but Dooley began to walk up to his riders wife. He carefully laid his nose into her palm. "See? Nothing to worry about."

Toothless grumbled and rubbed his nose against her stomach softly. "It's a baby. Like, a small dragon inside of me but when it gets born, it will look like a human. Do you understand?" She asked. The dragon grumbled. Astrid laughed.

"Babe, you can come over."

Hiccup walked over to the duo and sat down on the ground along with Astrid and Toothless, - who was laying on his stomach.

They messed around lazily due to Astrid's pregnancy and just had a great time before going home and settling down to sleep.

(A/N: First of all, I really have to stop reading Hiccstrid, - and anything that means not sleeping and stuff like that. Second, as I told you guys in one of my latest chapters in, "The Cheerleader And The Teacher," The song is familiar.

It's, "The Haddock Family," on YouTube but I found the real composer. His name is Marcus Warner and the songs name is, "City of Sails." He also did the amazing music, "Wings," and, "The Calling."

Go check him out!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.