Thank You

Hiccup placed his hand on Astrid's shoulder. The teen smiled at her best friend.

It was a late evening. The Arvundailes (A/N: Did I spell that right?) fire was slowly glowing on the sky above everyone. Astrid had promised herself that she would visit Hiccup later to thank him from cleaning her family name.

They stood there for a while before the village headed home. However, the two stayed out there, in the darkness.

"I...I should go, my father may wonder where I am..." Hiccup said before he made his way home with the not-glowing-dragon anymore. Astrid followed him with her eyes 'till she couldn't see him anymore.

•••

Later that night, Astrid snuck out of her house, (not that there was anybody to wake up; her parents had died when she was small and Finn had got away from the island after he got 'afraid' of the flightmare) making her way towards Hiccup's house.

She looked though a hole in the door an saw that the fire had died down a long time ago, meaning that Stoick was asleep.

Now, Stoick was the most heavily sleeping Viking that he knew.

The blonde opened the door carefully and walked in, closing it behind her softly. She made her way towards the stairs and saw that the lights where out in Hiccup's room. Astrid bit her lip, thinking about not trying to wake him up. She carefully walked up the stairs and entered Hiccup's room.

She looked around in the room, seeing that the Night Fury was sleeping on his rock slab peacefully.

She walked further into the room and saw Hiccup laying on his bed, sleeping soundly.

He looked so...relaxed. The relaxed that you couldn't see Hiccup be at daytime. He looked so calm. Astrid felt bad for waking him up but she wanted to thank him, properly.

The girl sat down on the edge of the bed and reached to brush her fingers though the boys hair. Hiccup stirred and opened his eyes. They landed on Astrid and he looked at her.

"Astrid?"

The blonde nodded and rested her hand on his cheek, brushing her thumb over his freckles. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "I wanted to thank you properly..."

Hiccup sat up and leaned against his headboard. Astrid soothed closer to her best friend and wrapped her arms around his torso. Hiccup got shocked but hugged back.

They stayed there for Thor's know how long before Astrid pulled away and looked the boy in his eyes.

She pulled away one of her hands and brushed them over the back of Hiccup's head.

Astrid then leaned closer to the auburn-haired boy and pressed her lips against his. Hiccup noted what happened and moved his arms to around her waist. He pulls her into his lap.

The two just sat there, lips on lips. It was the greatest feeling for both of them. But, it wasn't that long ago when Astrid had kissed him on Thawfest.

That time, it was because he got back to his normal self and now, it was because he cleared her family name.

'I should maybe do something good everyday...' Hiccup thought. Astrid then pulled away and leaned her forehead against his. Their noses brushed together.

"Hiccup...I came here because I wanted to thank you for what you did...I'm glad that I have you..."

Hiccup smiled and connected their lips. It was the first time he ever kissed her. He pulled away a second after, much to Astrid's dismay. "Thank you to you to..."

"For what?"

"For trusting me when others don't. For being there for me. For always helping me and...and for always caring about me."

Astrid pulled away and placed her lips on Hiccup's yaw line before pulling away to speak. "I-" She kissed him, "love-" And again, "you..." And one last time on the placed below his ear.

Hiccup pulled her in for a kiss on the lips. Astrid smiled. "I love you to..." Hiccup mumbled into the kiss before breaking away.

"Wanna stay?" He asked. "I could sleep on the floor..." He offered. "No way..." The girl said and crawled in to the space beside him. Hiccup covered her and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her against him.

The boy kissed the top of her head and they closed their eyes.

That was totally one day to remember!