The Question

Hiccup was in the forge, sitting in his old and small study, looking at something he made a few days ago.

It had been a few months after Drago's Attack with the Bewilderbeast and the ice was gone thanks to the dragons.

He, Gobber and a few other man that could build, repaired all the destroyed houses so now, Berk was back to it's normal self.

But then, Hiccup had faced a problem. Since he was the chief, he needed to have a wife, and a heir.

And the only one that he wanted to marry was Astrid. But he didn't know if she would agree. Yeah, they had been together for five years but they where just Boyfriend/Girlfriend.

At the beginning of their relationship, it had started off with a few silly dates but they stayed together. Their relationship was and it still is strong. Astrid is the only thing that Hiccup could think about nowadays.

'How am I going to ask her? I mean...she's beautiful, smart, caring, tough, brave and courageous. An what am I? Just a lanky chief. I'm not even sure if she would accept it. But...if we stayed together for five years, then she would agree? Wouldn't she? I need to decide. And I need to do it quick...maybe a nice picnic in the cove and then a-'

"Hiccup?" Her voice asked, bringing him out of his thoughts. Astrid walked in and saw the ring in his hand before he hid it in his pocket.

"Hey Astrid! Hey...hi, hey Astrid! Hey!" Hiccup said nervously. 'Fran it!'

"Hiccup? Was it...a ring?" Astrid asked with a confused voice. "What, no...no, I wouldn't do a ring! Why would I need a ring?"

The woman's face saddened. "Oh? I just came here to talk to you about us but...maybe, you just don't want to go further?" She asked before she left, crying.

Hiccup walked after he but she was gone.

He signed and rubbed his face. "What have I done?"

Meanwhile, Astrid was flying towards the Cove with Stormfly. "How would I even be so dumb? Of course he just wanted us to be boyfriend and girlfriend! He wouldn't want anything else! And I thought that he loved me!" Astrid cried into her dragons neck as she slowly flew towards the Cove.

The neck few days, the two didn't even talk. Or...at least Astrid. Hiccup tried to talk to his girlfriend, if he even could call her that anymore, but she just ignored him.

But, Hiccup had made up his mind. He was going to ask Astrid. As I she didn't want to get married, then they wouldn't. He just wanted to get his Astrid back.

The Astrid that always where there by his side. The Astrid that always cared about him. The Astrid that would love him, no matter how much he screwed up.

So, one early morning. He fixed everything. He even shaved one extra time for Astrid because he knew how she hated full grown beards. He fixed his armor and took the small box with the rig from his desk.

It was an early morning, probably about an hour before sunrise so it was still a bit dark. Hiccup walked out of the house in silence not to awake his mother and dragon.

When he was out of the house, he walked towards Astrid's rather fast. He opened the door in silence and closed it behind him. He walked upstairs and into her room.

Astrid laid there, sleeping peacefully. Hiccup didn't want to wake her up but he had to. He carefully walked over to the bed and sat down slowly. He took out the box from his pocket and opened it.

Hiccup laid it in front of Astrid's face, a few inches away. He then leaned down and placed a sweet and soft kiss on her cheek. Astrid groined and her eyes fluttered open.