Father and Son

Stoick was carrying his son on his arms. He was heading upstairs and walked into Hiccup's room.

"Daddy! Daddy!" The five-year-old laughed in his arms. Stoick laughed with his son before he placed him down on the bed. The chief sat down on the edge of the bed, (was trying to) and tucked in his son.

"Daddy! Daddy!" The little boy laughed again. Stoick smiled. "Hey, it's bed time, Hiccup." The boy put on a pout. "Do I have to?" Hiccup asked with a bowed head, trying to look sad.

"Yes, you have to or else, you will be really tired tomorrow" The chief said and patted the boys head. However, Hiccup could use it more like a hat.

The boys face suddenly fell, thinking about what hapnpened earlier. "Daddy? Why doesn't anybody like me?"

Stoick's breath caught in his throat. "Because you are different from the others and some people doesn't like different..."

Hiccup nodded and stood up on the bed. Even then, he was about chest high to his father. Hiccup knotted hi tiny hands into the mans beard and tried to hug him.

Stoick smiled and placed a hand under his son, picking him up with ease. The two had their moment before the chief placed down his son on the bed again.

"Alright...time to go to bed, son!" He said with a smile. The little kid got off his fathers hand and climbed under the blanket. Hiccup laid down his head on his to-big pillow and let Stoick cover him.

"Goodnight, son."

"Night, daddy."

The big man stood up from the bed and walked towards the door. "Daddy?" The little child asked. "Yeah?"

"I love you, daddy!"

"I love you to, son."

•••

That was fifteen years ago. Hiccup was laying in his and Astrid's bed, - since the two had gotten married a few weeks ago - and was thinking about his past.

"What are you thinking about?" Astrid asked. Her head was laying on Hiccup's stomach. Since he was leaned against the headboard, there was enough space for Astrid to place her head on his stomach.

"My father..."

Since that faithful day a couple of months ago, Hiccup couldn't stop thinking about his father. "Oh? And what it it?" The blonde asked and looked at her husband.

"I remember that I was five years old and my father carried me up to my bed every night since I was to small to climb the stairs. I remember that we where talking about why people didn't like me back then before he tucked me in and said that he loved me. He did love me."

Astrid smiled and sat up, placing her hand on Hiccup's chest. "I told you so..." She said before she leaned in.

(A/N: Alright...so, not always Father and Son. But...yeah, you guys decide if you like it or not. I tried to do an accent on Stoick since Gerard Butler it Scottish but I deleted it.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.