Fragile

The sun was shining over Berk, flooding its warmth though the village.

Terrors where chirping at the house tops, much to Snotlout's and many others dismay. The people of Berk where either in their houses or walking around town as usually.

Dragon's where flying above, either eating or having a good time with their owners.

Astrid was slowly walking towards Raven Point, seeing her best friend walk this way.

Something at the Academy had triggered him off, also including Snotlout, which made things worse.

Fishlegs had told her to search for Hiccup while he calmed down Snotlout and Astrid was more than glad to do as he told her.

It seemed that time stood still at Raven Point. Things where so calming there.

Hearing how the wind would brush against the leafs of the trees, creating that howl-like sound that she love so much.

It seemed that the sun always was shining there, if you believed in magic.

Astrid believed in magic. Hiccup made her believe.

Okay, that's cheesy.

But, as she slowly walked to the place where she had her very first kiss, she slowly begun to sense Hiccup's presence.

It was always like that when she was close to him. Her heart would flutter oh so much whenever he would smile at her and beat harder that it had ever done.

Sometimes, she thought that he could hear it and that had made her nervous, always making her speak non stop.

But, this time, she had promised herself that it wouldn't be like that. If only she could hold it.

With that said, she knew that he wouldn't be able to do it.

He would and always will make her all fluttery and brining out her soft side.

The Cove's entrance was visible by a couple of feet away and the blonde begun to run.

She stopped when she was in front of the shield that was blocking the entrance.

She leaned down, creeping under it with ease before standing up straight.

She spotted him by the water on the other side of the Cove, sitting down in the grass.

His legs where raised up to his chest, his arms sloppily laying around them.

Astrid smiled by his cuteness, staring to walk around the pond and trying to stop her heart from fluttering to much.

Guess what?

That didn't work.

Her heart begun to pound hard against her chest. To the point where she though that it would hop out of chest.

She slowly sat down beside her best friend, smiling and looking at the water.

Hiccup didn't seem to get fazed by her sitting down beside him.

Astrid swallowed lightly and raised her hand from her crossed legs, placing it on his arm.

"Are you alright?" She asked. Hiccup looked down at her hand before signing and looking at the cliff where he had drawn off Toothless.

"Yeah..." He begun. "I'm fine..."

Astrid shook her head gently, moving her hand down his arm, forearm and grabbing his hand.

Hiccup looked down at their hands before squeezing her hand with his gently, looking up at her.

"Are you sure that you're fine, Hiccup? You seem bothered by something..." Astrid told him silently, pulling away her hand from his hand grabbing it with her other.

She raised her left hand, - which was free - and brushed her fingers though his hair.

Hiccup looked away. "Everything's fine, Astrid. I promise. I just...I..." He couldn't find the words.

"Hiccup. You can tell me..." Astrid begun. "Was it because Snotlout flirted with me?" She asked.

Hiccup looked at her. He slowly nodded. "Hiccup...you know that I-" He interrupted her.

"It looked like you really enjoyed it though. You where smiling and everything..."

Astrid signed and pulled away, standing up. She reached out her hand for him to grab.

Hiccup took her hand and she pulled him up.

She realized that he'd grown at least an inch taller than her but she didn't care.

Astrid placed her hand on his shoulders, slowly stroking them.

"You know...when I was smiling, I was thinking about us," She said, her heart beating rapidly against her chest.

Hiccup raised his brows. "But you even smiled when he said that he wanted to kiss you..."

"And that was because I was thinking about the times we had been kissing, Hiccup. I'll never forget those. They where the best moments in my life, after all..."

The blonde wrapped her arms around his neck, grabbing his hair lightly before pulling him against her and leaning in.

Hiccup seemed to note what was happening and closed his eyes. However, she left him hanging for a few seconds to say, "I love you."

Hiccup's eyes snapped open when she kissed her, realizing what she'd just told him.

"H-how?" He asked against her lips.

"You..." She answered simply, pulling back an inch. "You where the reason of why I fell in love with you, Hiccup."

Astrid pulled away one of her hands, stroking his hair from his forehead to were her other hand was laying.

If Hiccup could've purred, he would've.

"I love you," Astrid repeated before kissing him.

Hiccup hesitated but snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

The close she'd only been when they had hugged burring the Speed Stingers attack on Berk.

He knew that he loved her too, even more after hearing her say those three words he thought that he'll never hear. But, he did. And he was thanking the gods for sending such an angle into his life. He was also thankful for the gods in letting him survive the day he defeated the Red Death.