Regret

Astrid hated herself. She hated herself. 'All the things I did to him...' She though.

Astrid was seated on the edge off the bed. Hiccup's bed. With Hiccup laying in it, unconscious. "Hiccup...if you can hear me...please, wake up. I'm sorry for everything I did. I regret it all."

Toothless laid beside her, his large head laying on the bed. Astrid looked at the Night Fury before turning her attention back to the boy she suddenly loved so much.

She placed her hands on his cheek and placed her forehead against his. "Hiccup..." She whispered.

Astrid was scared. Fearless Astrid Hofferson was scared. She was scared of loosing him. "Hiccup, please. I need you. You need to wake up. I beg you. You have to wake up. Please...I love you, Hiccup and I'm sorry for everything I've ever done. I regret it now, so much."

Tears where streaming down her cheeks and they landed on Hiccup's, staining them.

Astrid knew that she shouldn't do it but she couldn't resist it. She wrapped her arms around Hiccup's torso and pulled him against her. She slowly sat up with Hiccup in her arms.

Astrid cried. She cried like she had never cried before. And it was all because a boy.

But no. Astrid loved. She loved someone like she had never done before. He didn't get to meet her parents when she was small because they died.

But Astrid loved him. She loved him with all her heart and might. She knew that Hiccup would be alright. She wanted Hiccup to be alright.

And he would.

Right then, at that moment, Astrid promised herself something. She promised herself; she would make sure that Hiccup never ever got hurt again. Because she couldn't stand it. Seeing him hurt. It was to much for her.

Astrid didn't really know how long she had been sitting there, with Hiccup in her arms but it must have been long.

Then, suddenly, she heard someone groin but only thought that it was Toothless. But she was wrong.

"To-Toothless?" Hiccup asked. Astrid gasped and pulled away, holding the boy by the shoulders. She saw Hiccup's eyes flutter open. "Hiccup!" Astrid said in joy and hugged him. "Astrid?"

The girl just cried. "Your alright!" Hiccup was confused. "Astrid?" He asked again. The blonde pulled away again and looked at the boy. Hiccup looked at her with half lidded eyes.

Astrid couldn't resist it anymore. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against his. Hiccup's eyes flew open in shock but slowly closed.

When he felt that Astrid wouldn't pull away, he kissed her back. Astrid hummed and pulled her love closer to her. Hiccup pulled away, out of breath and looked at her.

"Astrid! You kissed me!" Hiccup said, surprised but mostly happy. The girl smiled and pulled him closer to her. Hiccup smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

"I was so worried...I thought that you wouldn't make it. Don't ever scare me like that again!" She explained. Hiccup was shocked. "Why would you be worried?"

Astrid signed. "Because...just a few days ago, you opened my world. You shoved me new things about dragons and their life's. This may sound weird, hearing it from me but...I love you..."

Hiccup's eyes snapped open, pulling away from her and looking at her. "You...love me?" He asked, more happy than shocked. "Yeah...I understand if you don't feel the same-"

"Opposite! Astrid! I love you to! Thor's name, do you know how long I've been wanting to hear that from you?"

"No.."

"Since I was six! This is great!"

Astrid laughed but stopped when she saw Hiccup wanting to get out of the bed. "Hiccup! No!" She yelled and sprinted around the bed.

Hiccup looked at her, confused. "What? Why not?" He asked. Astrid sat down by his side and wrapped one of her arms around his shoulder, pulling him against her.

"After you defeated the Red Death, you didn't get out of it unharmed..."

"Astrid, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying...your first battle scar wasn't just a cut or something..." She trailed off and gently grabbed the blanket, pulling it off him.

Hiccup stared at his leg. Astrid buried her face into Hiccup's hair, hiding her sadness. She heard Hiccup sign before she felt him slump down a bit. Astrid pulled away from him and looked at him.

"Hiccup...look at me..."

The boy looked up. "Toothless tried to save you but you burnt your leg so badly, we had to amputate...I'm really sorry..."

Hiccup shrugged and looked down at his leg. He took a deep breath and started to move out of the bed. "Hiccup?"

"Help me?"

"Of course!" Astrid said and leaped out of the bed. She grabbed Hiccup's forearms tightly as gently helped him. "Toothless..."

The dragon came up to the couple and followed them of Hiccup needed support. He gently opened the door and held it open. The two walked out and was greeted but a dozen villagers. "Son!" Stoick yelled.

"Dad?"

"Hey, son...I'm glad your up, I started to get a bit concerned. I tried to wake you up but you wouldn't. I see that Astrid managed to wake you up..." The chief joked.

The small group of Vikings laughed and smiled down at the hero. "Night Fury!"

Toothless bounced out of the house and jumped on some Vikings. They fell down on the ground and Toothless smiled at the couple.

"Welcome home, son..."

(A/N: Woho, I'm getting my hair cut ✂️ and colored tomorrow! Yay, it's about time. 🔫‼️‼️🆘🆘

Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments I get. 💖💞💕However, if I'm not up on Wattpad for a day or so, I get like, over 50 notifications. 😱Happened many times to me! 📚📚📚

I love you guys!❤️💛💚💙💜)

- Toothless_NightFury1.