Swapped

(A/N: Swapped proposal. VERY short story.)

He sobbed, sitting down onto his bed and looking around. The room was cold and it felt like all the life had drained out of the house. The only living and breathing things in the house were Toothless, who was curled up in a ball downstairs and Hiccup, in his room.

Or, at least, that's what he thought. Because, before his brain even had registered it, Astrid had her arms wrapped around him. She knew that he wanted to be alone.

But, lone-ness was a painful way of passing time.

The blonde rocked them silently. The only thing audible in the whole house were the heavy breathes from the Night Fury below and the sharp sobs and sniffles from her boyfriend.

She hated seeing him like that. It made her heart ache at the very sound of it. Not to mention the sight.

Tears stained his slightly tanned, freckled cheeks and his green eyes were red and bloodshot.

The trauma he's surely going through must be horrible. Astrid, however, put on a smile despite the sadness and raised her head from his shoulder.

She buried her nose into his hair and breathed out, heavily and shakily. The chief cracked open his eyes. "M-M'Lady, why are y-you sad? Nothing e-ever happened to y-you," Hiccup fought out. "I know. But...seeing the person who matters the most to me, sad, I just...can take it," She whispered ruggedly and Hiccup pulled her into his lap, burring his face into her fur-hood.

They didn't say much after that. Comforting led to confessions without words and those led to kissing.

She was leaned over him when they broke away, his hand resting softly on the side of her thigh. She didn't mind though. They've been intimate before. Nothing was embarrassing anymore.

The blonde placed her hand on his chest, leaning down and kissing the skin below his ear. She nipped on his earlobe before letting it go and smiling.

Hiccup smiled slightly to, leaning up and latching his lips onto his girlfriends collarbone. She brushed her hand though his hair multiple times before opening her mouth and saying, "Marry me, babe."

Hiccup pulled away, leaving a bruise after him but all he could do was so stare up at the beauty barely hovering over him.

"W-what?"

"You heard me. Marry me..." She said and sat up normally, placing both of her hands on his cheeks. "I feel like we've been together for an eternity and since you're the chief now, you'll also need a wife and we've been together for five years now so-" He caught her off by slamming his lips against hers.

He pulled away a few seconds later, saying, "Yes," before kissing her again. Astrid smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you."