Can't Find It

(A/N: So, I re-red the "Welcome Back" chapter and I got this idea. The clock is 6:39 right now so yeah, let's see how long time this chapter will take. )

Astrid panicked. She was totally panicked. The ring Hiccup had made for her before their wedding, - they're already married - had just disappeared.

Now, she stormed around her and Hiccup's room, I search for the most important thing Hiccup had ever made to her.

"Is something wrong, dear?" Valka asked, hearing the shuffling form upstairs, as she walked into the room.

"Yeah, you remember the ring Hiccup made for me. My wedding ring...it's gone. I went to sleep with it on my finger last night and when I woke up...it was gone!"

"Hmm..." Valka though. "Didn't you take it off before you went to take a bath yesterday?"

Astrid shook her head. "Hiccup told me that I can bathe with it so I didn't take it off. I swear, it was on my finger last night!" The blonde said, holding up the hand her ring had been in and pointing to her finger with the other hand.

"Well, then...I don't know, I'm sorry dear. Hiccup will surely find out sooner or later...it's best if you just tell him...maybe, he can make another one for you?"

"No, he can't. He can't replace the most important thing he'd ever have given for me. That ring meant so much for me."

"I'll understand that dear..."

The tall woman emerged from the room when she saw that Astrid lay down on the bed.

•••

The door to the Haddock household opened and in came Hiccup with Toothless. The dragon immediately went to Valka after getting his saddle taken off.

Hiccup smiled. "Hey mom..." The forty-year-old woman smiled at her son. "Hey, son. Had a nice day?"

"Yeah...where's Astrid?"

"Upstairs."

The young husband smiled, thanked his mom and headed upstairs. When he entered their room, he found Astrid sitting in the bed, leaned against the headboard, reading the Book of Dragons in one of Hiccup's shirts.

Hiccup went over to his beautiful wife and placed a hand on her thigh, leaning down to peck her lips.

"Hey, babe..." Astrid signed, flipping the page, now reading about Shutterclaws.

Hiccup smiled, making quick work with undressing and dressing. The man smiled towards his wife as he slowly walked towards the left side of the bed that was his.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, crawling up against Astrid with a small smile.

"Hiccup..." Astrid said and slowly closed the book, laying it in her nightstand.

"Hmm?" Hiccup murmured in question. "I don't even know how to say this..."

"Say what?" Hiccup furrowed his brows. "You know my ring...I thin-"

"Oh, yeah...sorry. I took it this morning when I saw that there was a small crack on it. I should have told you..."

The man got out of the bed and went towards his suit. Hiccup reached into his pocked and pulled out the blondes ring.

"You took it?!" Astrid said out of surprise. "Do you even know where I've been or what I've done in this house, trying to search for the lost ring?"

Hiccup laughed and walked over to Astrid. The blonde woman held out her hand like she did when he first asked her of marrying.

Hiccup slipped the small ring onto her finger with a smile. He trailed his hand over the back of Astrid's, over her forearm, arm, before going up to rest it on her cheek.

"Babe..."

Astrid grabbed her husband by the collar, smashing her lips against his.

"Mmm!"

With that, the ring really wasn't lost. It just needed to get repaired.