Chief Symbol

Hiccup signed and pushed away his bangs to revile the chief symbol Gothi had drawn into his forehead, marking him as chief.

The chief stared at the mirror for a second before walking over to his bed.

He slumped over but had to straighten himself when a small pain stung his lower back.

He placed his hands on his back, leaning backwards, popping his back.

"Hiccup!" Astrid said as she stood by the door. "What have I told you about popping your back?!" She asked.

Hiccup signed before standing up. "That I shouldn't do it because it just makes this pain worse...I know..."

Astrid's eyes saddened when se saw a tear roll down his cheek. "Oh, babe!" She said as she sprinted into his arms.

Hiccup broke down the second she had touched him. The blondes arms wrapped around his back, hugging him tightly as he cried into her fur hood. His arms where loosely wound around her wait but she loved it either way.

"Hiccup...I'm here for you. I'll never leave you. You know that right?" Astrid asked, stroking the hair at his nape.

"I know" Came a muffled and out of breath answer from her shoulder. A few seconds after that, Hiccup had pulled back his head and looked directly into his lovers eyes.

Astrid's eyes landed on the coal on Hiccup's forehead. "Come on, let's get this washed off..." She said and led him over to the bed, sitting him down.

Hiccup signed when her arms left him. Astrid went downstairs to grab a rug and a bucket or water.

She soon came up again and smiled. She placed the bucket in front of the bed.

The blonde dabbed the clean rug into the water and cringed at how cold it was. She squeezed out all the water from the cloth and brought it towards Hiccup's forehead.

Hiccup closed his eyes as let her wash away the coal from his forehead.

Goosebumps formed on his skin when he let the cloth being pressed to his forehead but he let her clean of the dirt.

Soon, a few moments after Astrid had started, she was finished.

The blonde hung the cloth onto the edge of the bucket with the dirty end hanging into the water.

She looked back at Hiccup's face and wrapped one of her arms around his neck, placing the respective hand on the side of head.

She pulled him against her. Hiccup - without complaining - leaned his head against Astrid's chest and would his arms around his middle.

Astrid buried her nose into the auburns hair, kissing the top o the young man's head.

"Hiccup..." Astrid begin affectionately. She slowly moved her hand under his shoulder pads to stroke his arm. Said man smiled a little and tightened his grip around her.

"I love you, babe."

"Mmm, I know, I love you to..." Hiccup whispered before settling back down onto the woman's chest.

Astrid smiled, kissing the top of his head again and again and again.

"Thank you, M'lady. I'm glad I have you..."

"Babe..." Astrid whispered softly. "Hmm?" The man breathed out in question. "I'll always be with you. I wouldn't want it any other way..."

"Me neither" Hiccup said before lifting his head and opening his eyes.

The young chief looking at Astrid's eyes first before slowly tailing down to her lips. He slowly pressed his own lips against hers, giving her a thank you kiss.

The two smiled into the kiss before pulling away and hugging each other. Right there and then, they knew that they had each other. And they would always have each other...