Need For Air

A frown drew across her lips and she pulled away. The sixteen-year-old was drowsy from the kiss and had a hard time to stand up.

Astrid furrowed her brows and pulled away from him fully.

She looked at him before raising her fist and colliding it with Hiccup's shoulder. The boy suddenly became very aware or his surroundings.

"Hey! Why did you do that?!" He yelled when he saw her turn away. He tried to grab her hand but it was to late.

She was already running towards her house. What was that for? Hiccup asked himself.

Astrid had multiple times just walked up to him, grabbed him by the collars and pressing him up against a building. Each and every time, he got a kiss and a punch.

He didn't know what to do. Did he do something that she didn't like? Did he maybe place his hands on a spot she thought was uncomfortable. Or was it maybe because he smelled bad and had a bad breath?

But, he bathed the bad before and he brushed his teeth in the morning...

What could be wrong then?

He didn't know. What he knew was that he needed to know what was wrong with him and why Astrid punched him after every kiss.

Not that he complained. He got a kiss from the girl he loved but...

Something felt wrong. It was agonizing and bothering him and it really messed with his mind about the girl.

The first night after the first kiss, - the kiss after his wake-up - was really messing and bothering him.

I mean, the girl he had loved for almost eleven years...suddenly kissed him after he wakes up from a sleep he had saved the whole village from.

Right now, his mind was playing with him too.

Did she like him? Did she share his feelings? But...if she had, why would she punch him after? Does she just kiss me because I survived? But...that was one year ago...

Hiccup didn't know...an it really was bothering him.

•••

This time, Astrid raised her hand and was about to slap his cheek when he grabbed her hand.

"What is wrong with you?!" Hiccup yelled at her in frustration. Astrid looked at him with wide eyes. She hadn't expected such an outburst from him.

It...felt? Yeah, it totally felt.

Her heart tightened and she let go of his shirt, looking at him with empty eyes before sitting down on the ground.

She sniffled which took Hiccup aback. "Did...d-did I h-hurt you?" Astrid asked, not looking up.

Hiccup looked down at her, not knowing what to do.

"It...didn't hurt that much..." He lied. "But...b-but I s-shouldn't have punched you...n-not even once. Considering e-everything you've b-been though..." Astrid forced out, drifting a hand to his left leg.

Hiccup jerked when her hand touched the end of his prosthetic and the beginning of his leg.

He quickly kneeled down, placing almost all his wight on his right knee.

Hiccup placed his hands on her arms, moving his thumbs over the slight freckles and scars there.

"Astrid..." Hiccup whispered out and looked into her eyes. The blonde own eyes left his and found an interesting spot on the ground.

Hiccup signed and pulled away, standing up and helping her up.

He had a plan. A really stupid plan. That would maybe earn a few punches...

Astrid's head was hanging. Hiccup placed his hand on her cheek and lifted her head. He stared into her eyes as if they were the most beautiful things in the world.

Maybe because they were...

She looked at him.

Hiccup shifted his hands. His right arm was wrapped around her while his left hand was laying on her neck, slowly caressing it.

They locked eyes for a second before Hiccup slowly leaned her to the house behind her. Astrid stared at him with wide eyes.

What's he going to do- okay...this was unexpected... Astrid though as her eyes drifted to a close.

Their lips were tightly pressed together but that was it.

Hiccup pulled back slightly, their lips not parting. He turned his head to the other direction and open his mouth slightly, nibbling on her lower lip.

Astrid gasped and Hiccup took that opportunity to trail his tongue into her mouth.

The blonde felt lame against the building but she placed a hand on his wait while wrapping the other around him.

Her hand on his waist was buried under his vest, placed over the shirt. She was actually wondering how strong he could be.

She did feel his side clench when they moved a little.

Astrid smiled into the kiss, slowly trailing her hand over his back in a soothing but exploring manor.

Hiccup leaned his forearms on the building behind Astrid and slowly pulled away. Astrid kept her eyes close, not wanting to believe that this had been one of her wicked Hiccup dreams she always had.

However, said boy smiled and pressed his forehead against hers, their bangs tightly pressed together.

"Astrid..." Hiccup panted out. The blonde slowly cracked open her eyes and signed softly, realizing that this was real.

She pulled away her arms from his back and wrapped the around his neck.

She looked deeply into his eyes. Hiccup smiled, realizing that she too, was panting as much as he.

"M'lady..." He said with a small smile. "B..." She trailed off. Was he her boyfriend now? Wasn't he going to get offended or something if she said it.

She took her chance after quite some hesitation. "Babe..." She whispered and closed her eyes.

Hiccup smiled and pressed a small kiss to her lips.

"Hiccup!" A booming voice said from afar. The boy pulled away. "Sorry, gotta go. I promise that we'll finish this once..." He said before kissing her forehead and running away.

Astrid opened her eyes and signed, slowly sinking to the ground.

"Oh. My. Freya."