May I?

(A/N: So, I've found this new song from Trading Yesterday. The name is May I. And right now, it's on my favorite list. I just love it and I really think that it fits for Hiccstrid in this story.)

Astrid smiled sadly as she stroke her boyfriends back. It was the faithful day when their late chief, Stoick the Vast had died.

Hiccup was crushed. He was sitting on his bed, his arms leaned against his knees, his head bowed between them.

Astrid was sitting beside him, pressed tightly against his side as she held one of his hands on her while her other stroke his back.

"Hiccup..." She whispered with a small smile as she leaned her head against his shoulder. The man didn't answer but he listened.

"You know, whatever would and will happen, you will always know that I love you..." She continued before slowly beginning to stroke the back of his hand with her thumb.

Even though he was sad, he smiled. Hiccup looked up at his girl and just watched her.

And there you stand opened heart - opened doors
Full of life with the world that's wanting more.
But I can see when the lights start to fade,
The day is done and your smile has gone away.

She pulled away her hand from his back and bug it into his hair. She gently tugged on it with a smile.

Hiccup suddenly looked down with a sign.

Let me raise you up.
Let me be your love.

May I hold you
As you fall to sleep,
When the world is closing in
And you can't breathe.
May I love you.
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found
May I lay you down.

"I love you, babe. I'll do anything to keep you happy. Anything..." Astrid whispered. She got off the bed and crouched down in front of him.

She placed one her hands on his cheek and stroke it. "Everything will be alright, babe. You have me...I will always be by your side..." She said, smiling up at him.

Hiccup looked directly into her eyes.

All I want is to keep you safe from the cold...
To give you all that your heart needs the most.

Let me raise you up
Let me be your love

May I hold you
As you fall to sleep.
When the world is closing in
And you can't breathe,
May I love you.
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found,
May I lay you down.

Astrid slowly stood up. Hiccup moved his arms to envelop her into his warm grasp. She signed with contentment and sat down in his lap carefully.

"Hiccup, I love you so much..."

"And I love you more, M'lady..."

All that's made me
Is all worth trading
Just to have one moment with you.
So I will let go
All that I know
Knowing that you're here with me.

For your love is changing me.

Astrid signed and pressed her nose against his cheek before slowly moving her lips towards his lips.

As she latched their lips together, she suddenly knew how much she really loved him.

May I hold you
As you fall to sleep.
When the world is closing in
And you can't breathe,
May I love you.
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found.
May I lay you down.