First Words

(A/N: Just imagine Hiccstrid's reaction when they first heard their little sons first word.)

The starry night sky hung over Berk like a cover. The moon was out and it shone brighter then ever before. Villagers were in their houses. Some were asleep, others were probably reading or doing whatever they could this chilly evening. Snoggletog was just a few weeks away and the ground had already started to freeze in the mornings.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III - current chief of Berk - was talking his last lap around the island on his Night Fury named Toothless before going home to his wife and his two-year-old son. The air was cold and he breathed out in relief to finally get home, his breath turning into mist.

They landed just below the hill up to their house and Hiccup stretched.

Toothless yawned and looked at his rider with pleading eyes. "Yes, Toothless, we're going home," After the Night Fury heard that, his tail started to wiggle and his tongue flapped out of his mouth.

The duo walked up the hill and hiccup opened the door to the house they were living in. "I'm home, M'Lady," He said and let Toothless in after him, pulling off his saddle and tail.

Astrid walked out of the room at the back, where Hiccup's mother slept. She smiled and walked up to him, placing her hands on his chest. "Hey there, babe," She said leaned up. Hiccup leaned down and pressed his lips against hers, initiating a swift kiss.

They pulled away and Hiccup placed his hand on her stomach. Astrid was pregnant once again. Little Destin would get a brother or sister within five months. "How's the little one doing?" He asked and nuzzled his nose against her cheek.

"It's doing okay, I guess? How was your day, love?"

"Good. Nothing new happened. I might come home earlier tomorrow."

"Okay. I love you," Astrid whispered and looked up, gazing into her husbands eyes. "I love you too, M'Lady."

In the corner of their eyes, they saw little Destin swinging around a small blanket in his hands. Hiccup laughed. "There's my little son," He said and let go of Astrid slowly, walking over to Destin and lifting him from the ground.

The boy laughed childishly and started biting at the corner of the blanket. Hiccup walked back do where Astrid stood and held the boy in his arms.

Toothless came over and licked Hiccup's hand gently. "Hey, Toothless," Astrid said and placed her hands on his head, starting to scratch him. Destin suddenly hiccuped and Hiccup looked at him. He made a pouting face and Astrid laughed.

Time passed and it was starting to become night. Destin was slowly falling asleep when Astrid walked up to him and lifted him away from sitting between Toothless' front paws. The blonde smiled and nodded to Toothless. The dragon stood up, stretched and flopped onto his side.

She walked up the stairs to her and her husbands room because that's where the crib was. Hiccup was sitting at the desk, doing some paperwork. He placed down the pencil and stood up, walking up to his wife and son.

"Tired aren't you, little fella?" He asked and placed his large hand against the side of the young kids head, rubbing his thumb over Destin's forehead to brush away his reddish-brown hair.

His blue eyes were slowly shutting close and Astrid smiled, placing him down in the crib. A few moments after her hands left him, he started whining.

"He's going to start crying again, won't he?" Hiccup asked calmly against Astrid's cheek before pressing a kiss there. "Maybe. I just wanna see what he's going to do," She said and grabbed one of Hiccup's hands, rubbing her thumbs over his palm full of faint scars.

"I love you, babe," She said and looked up at her husband. Hiccup sighed and pulled her against him. "I love you too," came his muffled voice from her hair.

"Dddd..."

Astrid turned her head towards Destin and almost jumped when he said that again. "Dddd," She looked at Hiccup and back at Destin. "I think he's trying to say his first word," She said and right after that, he said it.

"Dddwagons."

The parents expressions went from happy to completely unfazed.

Toothless trotted into the room and walked over to the crib, nuzzling the boys stomach with his nose. Destin laughed childishly and said, "Dwagons," again.

"Crap."

(A/N: I know I haven't been updating for a while. I'm sorry. It's just...many things have been going on in the past days and I didn't know how to finish this since it's been standing and collecting virtually dust for two weeks now. Sorry.

How I imagine Hiccstrid's expressions to the first word Destin ever said; 😐😑

Anyway, I hope you liked it. I have pretty bad writers block so some ideas may help!

Oh, and, also, shout out to linahofferson18 because she wanted to be in the next chapter I wrote.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.