What Happened?

(A/N: The picture above is my bed! I got this bed-set yesterday by my mom! She know how big of a fan I am of the movie so I got that!

On my nightstand are four glass sculptures. One of them are Thor, a Viking ship, runes and a Viking grave. Zoom in if you guys want to see it.

Let's start with this story, are we?)

Astrid sobbed as she walked into the academy one early morning. As expected, Hiccup was there.

Astrid had planed this for so long, and if everything went well, then he would be her boyfriend today.

Hiccup's head whipped around to see where and from who the sound was coming from.

He was surprised to find Astrid slowly walking to to the academy, tears breaming in her eyes.

Hiccup quickly hurried over to her. Or, as fast as he could, and grabbed her shoulders.

"Astrid? What's wrong? Please, tell me what it is..." Hiccup pleaded, looking at her with eyes that could only be described as worried and sorry.

Astrid sobbed once again before she threw her arms around Hiccup's shoulder, fake crying into his neck.

Soon after that had happened, the rest of the group flew in and groined when they saw the two, hugging.

"Gang, class is dismissed today. Go do something. Don't blow up anything," Hiccup said and looked at the twins.

"What?" They asked in unison before groaning and flying away. Snotlout and Fishlegs did the same.

Hiccup followed the two with his eyes, having a frustrated look on his face.

Then, he shook it of and put all his focus onto Astrid. He pulled her away from him and looked at her. Astrid looked up, making him realize that he'd grown taller than her.

He wanted to jump up and down in happiness but stopped when he saw a tear roll down Astrid's cheek.

Actually, it was a real tear. Astrid
though about what had happened if Hiccup would have died the day he'd defeated the Red Death.

Hiccup, bravely placed a hand on the cheek the tear had and wiped it. Astrid leaned her cheek against his hand and closed her eyes.

"Astrid..." Hiccup whispered against pulled away his hand, wrapped them around her waist.

The sixteen-year-old blonde hugged back, realizing that Hiccup actually was alive and wouldn't go anywhere.

•••

"Astrid, what happened earlier? Why where you crying in the academy?" Hiccup asked after being quiet for a while.

Astrid looked at him from the bed and grabbed his hands. Hiccup was sitting in his desk chair next to the bed, in front of the bed.

"I was crying because...because of you," Astrid said honestly, making Hiccup go into light shock.

"M-me?" He shuttered. "Yes, you, Hiccup..." Astrid whispered and pulled him up from the chair, making him sit beside her.

Hiccup looked at the girl he had a crush on since he was six and smiled.

"Why me?" He asked with a bit more courage. "I was thinking about what would have happened if you had died on the day you defeated the Red Death."

Hiccup was taken aback, - once again.

Suddenly, Astrid hugged him and stayed there. Hiccup wrapped his arms around Astrid's waist, rocking skillet back and forth.

"But you wanna know what mostly is wrong?" Astrid whispered into Hiccup's neck. The boy in her arms shuddered before nodding.

"That I've liked you for more than nine years and you still haven't asked me if I wanted to be your girlfriend," Astrid said, slight frustration heard in her voice.

Hiccup gasped and pulled away. "You mean...that you've...all this time?" He asked, in a loss of words. Astrid laughed and nodded, scooting closer to him.

Hiccup gulped and raised his hand to scratch the back of his head.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I...I was just unsure if you really liked me. I didn't know what the signs where that you've been giving me. Only when you said that you liked me, it hit me in the head. In sorry for-"

Astrid quieted Hiccup by placing a finger on his mouth. "Sshh..." She hushed him before leaning in.

Her lips met the corner of his mouth before trailing east. She pulled away her finger and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Hiccup smiled slightly, making the kiss sloppy but neither of them really cared about it.

The auburn haired boy wrapped his arms around the blondes back, almost pulling her into his lap.

"Astrid," Hiccup whispered into the kiss. "Be mine..."

Astrid pulled away and nodded. "Yes," She said before kissing him again.

(A/N: It's done! I want ice cream! Where's the ice cream when you need it?! Oh yeah, there -> 🍨! I want ice cream!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.