What Do You Say?

(A/N: I just wanna take a quick thing for you, hiccupness856 Listen to me, love. I know things are hard now with that friend of yours. It's not easy, I know. I lost my grandfather yesterday. But, I'm always going to be here. I love you. This chapter is for you too. Again. Don't forget that I'm always going to be here for you and that I'm always going to love you. I know you need alone time but, honestly, I wish I could be there to hold you in my arms and to comfort you.)

The weather was chill over Berk. Everything was peaceful, though. Due to slight snowing, most of the population of Berk were inside their houses, in the warmth.

However, one fella was still working. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, current chief of Berk and boyfriend to Berk most beautiful Valkyrie.

Hiccup was working in the forge, fiddling with metal pieces and small, weirdly shaped - but beautiful - stones he found when he was exploring another sea stack island a few days ago. The perfect finish for the ring.

Oh, right. It had been almost over five years since they first got together and their fifth anniversary was coming up soon. So, Hiccup thought, why not?

Hiccup's POV.

I hope this ring turns out good. I don't want to disappoint her. I mean, she's perfect. She deserves only the best. But, I mean, look at me. Ah, what did I even do to deserve her? She's so...I don't have the words to describe her. She's everything I want.

I can't believe it's almost been five years since we first got together. It's been hard. Many tears have been shed, many hours of worrying but, it's been sweet moments too.

I love those. She's my everything. She's always there when I need her and she's even there when I don't need her. She doesn't give up. Even when I tell her to go away, even when I tell her to leave me alone, even when I once told her to never talk to me again...she was there. She walked up to me, placed her hands on my shoulders and stood behind me.

I remember the feeling. It was the greatest feeling ever. To have her there. To have her close to me. The words were just...something to hide what I really wanted. I wanted to opposite.

I wanted her to be there for me. I wanted her to wrap her arms around me, pull me into her embrace and to hold me forever.

I remember her standing behind me, her hands slowly sliding down my arms before she wrapped her arms around my waist. I remember her breath against my neck. I remember the way she said, "I love you," to me. It was the best thing ever.

I'm so blessed to have her. She's just what her name means.

Divine Beauty.

She's my beautiful girlfriend. And, if this hopefully goes right, then, she's going to be my wife.

Wife...

It sounds so weird. But, the more I think about it, the happier I get. I'm most certainly sure that she's going to say, "Yes." If she does, she's going to be my wife. We can live under the same roof. We can finally be able to start a family, something we've both wanted to do for quite a long time.

Oh, gods. What if we get a girl and she looks exactly like Astrid? Ah, that's going to be heaven right there.

I realize that the ring has been warmed up enough and I take it out, doing the final details in it before cooking it in the water and popping a blue stone into the top of it.

"I think it's done. Perfect. All I have to plan is the pic-nic for tomorrow evening."

•••