Sorrow

So much angst. So much sorrow. It seemed like it would never end. Like the world had seemed to be perfectly fine around them days before but then started to crumble down into pieces. Why had it happened like this? What had he done to deserve this?! Hadn't he been though enough in his younger years?! It didn't fit together. The pieces laid unevenly.

The dark abyss would've swallowed him whole and never would've let him go if it weren't for her. She stood strong by his side when though he knew that she went though the same thing as him.

His father was her second father. He was always kind and he would never reject her. And when she needed a hug and her boyfriend wasn't around, his father would give it to her.

He would take time off chiefing to listen to her if she had a problem. But, where was he now? Not near them, that's for sure.

In the past hours, he couldn't even think off his deceased father before breaking down in tears and trying to calm down. But, how could he? His father was dead for Odin's sake!

So, when she grabbed his hand and tugged him home, he was more than glad to have her beside him.

He had landed on the bed with a loud thud, slumping together like a heavy sack of potatoes.

Poor Astrid had spent the last thirty minutes, trying to get the goddamn armor off of him. She had almost given up a few times but stayed calm pulled herself together.

Finally, she unclasped the last piece of armor from his body and she signed, brushing her hand though his hair.

Hiccup looked up at her with bloodshot eyes and puffy cheeks. He smokey stood up and placed his hands on her cheeks, his thumb stroking her cheek-bone softly.

Astrid leaned into his hand and placed her hands on his shoulders. His hands traveled down and stopped at her chest, were the metal ring was. He begun to fiddle with it and then, the slight thud from the fur-good was heard.

Her shoulders were exposed and he wrapped his arms around her waist, burning his face into her red shirt, signing.

Placing a hand on her back, just above her skirt, he pulled her against him but regretted it. He pulled away hastily and pulled back his arms.

While searching for the belt to her skirt, he wore a determined face. "What are you doing?" Astrid asked, more sharply hand she had intended to.

"The spiked on this skirt, Thor's forsaken!" He whisper-yelled under his breath. Astrid pushed his hands away and undid the belt herself, the skirt falling to the floor a second later.

She stepped out of her skirt and pressed herself against him, her hands disappearing under his shirt. She ran her hand up and down his spine, massaging him slightly but also trying to soothe him.

Hiccup sniffled and lifted his head from her shoulder. Hesitation was running though his veins but he ignored it and leaned down, his nose brushing hers before their lips met.

It felt like sparks flew around even though it didn't. Astrid moved against him, her arm wrapped around his shoulder and her leg slightly tangled with his left one.

She felt how his hands were slowly pulling at the shirt she was wearing. Astrid broke away for a second and pulled off the shirt, throwing it away to some random place in the room.

His hand ran up and down her back and goosebumps formed on her skin. They continued kissing, Hiccup's hands taking over her back. Soon, she too, tugged on his shirt. It just had to come off. Breaking away once again, he hastily pulled of the green garment and dropped it to the floor, totally forgotten.

His hand slowly trailed over her stomach, leaving trails of fire after him. Astrid sucked in her breath when his hand slid under her bindings and his hands landed on her breast.

They broke apart from kissing and immediately, Astrid begun to untie his pant strings. They couldn't seem to get close enough. She had almost lost him hours before. She wanted to keep him close to her, knowing that he was alive and well...living.

The unnecessary garments got removed rather soon and Hiccup leaned down, pressing his lips to her collarbone, slowly trailing up the side of her neck before pressing small kisses to her cheek and trailing to her lips. Pecking them once, he pulled away later and lifted her up.

Her legs wrapped around his waist and he slowly walked to the bed, laying her down between the sheets, furs, pillows and blankets.

The wave came suddenly, roaring and washing up on the beach. Like a wind, it flew though them and like an eruption, it shook the earth and their high slowly faded.

The morning after, Hiccup woke up with a smile on his face, well rested. He looked down to his right and saw her laying in his arms, she too, smiling softly. "Are you watching me?" Came a low voice from her. He chuckled. "Maybe. Good morning, M'Lady," He said and brushed his hand though her loose hair.

"'Morning, babe."

Even though he still was mourning over his fathers death, he knew that life would be a little sweeter. He had the village, his mother, his friends and Astrid.

They would support him. No matter how hard life would plague him, he had them. And he couldn't be more great full.

(A/N: Noticed what I did? I wrote this story beginning in past, slowly going over to present and then at the ending, I went over to Author's POV. What do you think? Was it good? Oh, and, dAMN, SMUT IN TWO SENTENCES.

Piece out.)

- Toothless_NightFury.