Sincere

(A/N: Can't Apple/Android, etc. just make an emoji that dabs? I'd be using it 24/7.)

Showing emotions in the Viking world wasn't something that usually happened. Astrid grew up, teaching herself that she couldn't show any emotions, no matter how hard it was.

The first fifteen years of her life went perfectly fine. Well...until Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III came into her life. There was something special about him. He was different. Not the bad, different. But, the good, different.

Hiccup was in his own world. Which wasn't exactly a bad thing but, it wasn't good either. He was himself. Something many Vikings disliked.

At a very young age, people began noticing that he wasn't like everyone else. He was small and skinny but he had brains. He was different. And, at that time, Vikings didn't accept being different. They wanted things one way. Their way. The, "dragon-killing," way. Not the, "home made-stuff," way.

Astrid had always been interested in Hiccup. Something was...weird about him. Something good, not bad. She wanted to know more about him and how he did things. He was fascinating in her eyes.

But, the other teens at her age made it hard for her. She had to choose. Him and be an outcast or them and be a dragon-killer.

Of course, she didn't want to let down her parents, she went with the gang.

Years later, she didn't care about him anymore. She felt sorry for him from time to time but she didn't care. She couldn't.

However, when everything happened at once. Them getting into training how to be dragon killers, Hiccup getting better, her finding out his secret, him training a freaking goddamn Night Fury like no big deal. Them flying on Toothless as Hiccup had named him, them finding the Red Death. The battle...the aftermath and the recovery of a lost leg..everything happened so fast.

Now, looking back at all of those memories, she remember how big of a coward she was.

"Vikings can't show emotions, Astrid. No matter how hard it is, you have to hide your emotions. Only then will you become a real Viking,"

She remembered the times her mother used to say to her. Who knew she would get this far?

"Milady?" His soft voice brings her out of her thoughts and she looks up from the Book of Dragonsq in her lap. She hadn't even been reading. Her thoughts had just drifted off.

"Hm?" She hummed and looked at him. Hiccup smiled and scooted closer to her in the bed. He leaned in and pressed his nose and lips against her cheek, his large hand laying in her stomach where he could feel the small bump.

"I love you, Astrid," He whispered into her cheek and rubbed his thumb over the night gown she was wearing.

Hiccup pulled back softly and lifted the hand he'd been supporting himself with. He played with her loose hair laying over her opposite shoulder. Astrid softly closed the book and laid it on the desk beside the bed.

The blonde turned towards her husband and smiled, looking down at his hands before grabbing them.

He squeezed her hands and softly pulled her in. She slid into his lap and she leaned against his chest, her head laying on his collar.

"Thanks. For everything," She suddenly said. "What?" Hiccup asked, caught off guard. "I was things about the things that happened when we were younger. Thank you."

He laughed. "No, Astrid. I should thank you. You were always there beside me when I needed you. Thank you. I love you so much, milady."

The blonde pulled back and gazed him in the eyes. Green met blue and it sparked. She wrapped her arms around his neck and swiftly pressed her lips against his, kissing him in a heated, open mouthed kiss.

They had been together ever since they were fifteen. They got married when they were twenty. Just about a month after the great battle with Drago and his Bewilderbeast. They had gotten their first kid a year into the marriage. It's been three years since then.

Destin is now a heathy, three-year-old boy who went after his father. Freckles, green eyes, auburn hair, crooked teeth and dorky smile.

Astrid smiled every time she saw him. He reminded her so much of how her husband looked like when they were smaller. So much had changed since then.

But, she wouldn't change it. She was a happy mother and wife. She wouldn't want it any other way.

And, neither would Hiccup. He couldn't believe he got to marry the girl of his dreams. Astrid Hofferson became Astrid Haddock and it wasn't a forced marriage. She wanted to marry him by her own will. It surprised him when she said she wanted to get married to him someday but he actually believed it when it happened.

He was a happy father, husband and chief. He had her by his side when he needed her and he was grateful.

Pulling away slightly, he said, "Thank you. I love you," before kissing her again and going farther.

(A/N: Shitty chapter. Write this at 12 AM while listening to calm music and falling asleep from time to time. Just realized it's like...what...7? 6? More chapters so make until we reach 200 chapters on this book.

Thanks for the support! Go follow hiccupness856

I love you, baby.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.