The Blanket Cuddle

(A/N: Just a really short chapter. I just want to get rid of this from my brain. Enjoy!)

It late evening. Hiccup was walking around in the house, fixing a few things here and there. The house he was walking in was his, Valka's and Astrid's.

Since it had only been a few months after the battle with Drago, the village was still full of ice here and there.

But, after almost loosing each other multiple times, the two had decided that it would be best if they got married. So, they did and now, they where happily living together with Hiccup's mother.

So, while Hiccup fixed stuff in the house, Valka was sewing and Astrid was upstairs.

But, Hiccup didn't know what exactly that she was doing so, he went upstairs and on the way up, he heard soft humming.

It was the humming from 'For the Dancing and the Dreaming'. He slowly and quietly walked inside. When he was at their bed, he gently grabbed a blanket and placed it around him, holding it out like he used to do with the flight suit.

Since Astrid was seated on a backless chair in front of the window, watching out on the starfish sky, she couldn't see him.

Astrid was combing her hair with her fingers, humming slightly and didn't even notice her husband walking up behind her with a joke full face.

Suddenly, Hiccup pounced and wrapped the blankets around his wife. Astrid shrieked but settled down when she felt a pair of lips latch onto her cheek. She smiled.

"Hiccup..."

"That's me..." The man said with a smile and kissed her again. Astrid laughed and tried to turn around but then, she was lifted off the chair and into some strong arms.

As if it was on instinct...she wrapped her arms around his neck and turned her head towards him. Right after that, he pressed his lips against hers and smiled. Instantly, she kissed back and pulled herself closer to him.

Then, Hiccup pulled away and walked over to the bed, placing down his love, laying down beside her.

Astrid wrapped her arms around his waist almost directly and snuggled into his warm body. Hiccup pulled her closer and pulled the blankets over them.

The two feel asleep quiet fast.

•••

"Son, I'm going to bed no-"

When Valka walked inside the couples room, she stopped and smiled.

"I guess that's a goodnight..."

(A/N: I know, the ending is terrible! Sorry, I'll do better! I'll promise!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.