Winter Wonderland

The snow was falling over the small village of Berk in the middle of nowhere in Canada.

Hiccup was in his and his wife's stable, along care of their horses.

He was about to surprise his wife with a sled ride in the forest with their horses, Toothless and Stormfly.

Toothless was a rare horse. He was black and had green eyes while Astrid's horse Stormfly was white with blue eyes. (A/N: Just go with it. They do exist...)

"Big day today, bud..." Hiccup said with a smile and patted Toothless' broad neck.

Being a Percheron horse meant that he had a large body. Not to say, large and strong neck.

Toothless gave away a horsey moan and stamped on the ground with his hooves. The stall echoed.

Hiccup loved that sound. The sound when shoes hooves meet hard concrete in the stable, making it sound so...amazing.

The young man shook it off and walked over to one of the hooks holding some sled equipment. Hiccup bit his lips. He hadn't used those since his father died.

It happened in the woods. They had chopped off some trees when one of them fell to the wrong direction, along right onto Hiccup's father.

And...it was all Toothless fault. Not that Hiccup ever got mad at him or sold him. He was his best friend after all.

Hiccup lifted the equipment and slowly walked over to his horse. The huge Percheron lowered its was, letting his rider place the oval ring around his neck.

Hiccup patted his horse in the neck again, letting him know that he'd done the right thing. Toothless nudged his mule against Hiccup's cheek.

The man smiled and fastened the leather pieces around Toothless large body, under his tail and onto his head.

"Good job, buddy..."

He then led Astrid's horse out of her box, doing the same thing on her.

Stormfly kept nudging Hiccup's shoulder all the time, wanting attention.

Hiccup laughed. "Good girl, Stormfly..." He said and patted her on the side.

He couldn't go to hard on them today. He knew that in a few months time, there would be another horse in the stable.

Another little Percheron horse.

That's right. Stormfly, the snow white Percheron horse with blue eyes was expecting a foal. And Toothless was the father so the combination wound be...interesting.

"Let's do this, guys," Hiccup said and grabbed the rope between the two horses, leading them out of the stable and into the softly falling snow.

The carriage was already waiting for the horses outside the stable, nicely covered so the snow wouldn't fall into it.

Hiccup quickly attached the horses equipment to the carriage and told them to wait there.

He walked towards his and his wife's house. On the way there, he stopped to pull the cover off of the carriage, walking towards the house while folding it.

Hiccup reached his house and walked in.

"Hey babe," Came an answer from the kitchen. "M'lady...I have a surprise..." He said.

Astrid walked out of the kitchen, looking at him. "What is it, Hiccup?" She asked. Hiccup walked towards her, grabbed her arms and pressed a swift kiss against her lips.

"Get dressed and meet me in front of the stable," He said before disappearing out though the door.

Astrid did as she was told and got dressed warmly.

She walked out of her door, locking it. Then, she made her way towards the stable.

The red building was placed so that the entrance was away from her. Astrid walked around the corner, stopped and caught her breath.

There sat her husband, in a carriage with their horses buckled up in front of it.

"Hiccup...this is...I'm in loss for words," Astrid said and walked towards her horse. "They're beautiful..."

Stormfly blew warm air into her face before nudging her. She laughed. "Thanks, girl," The blonde then looked at Toothless.

"And Toothless, he's amazing..." Astrid trailed off. She looked at Hiccup and he patted the place next to her.

Astrid smiled, climbed into the carriage an snuggled close into Hiccup's arm.

The long leather strips in Hiccup's gloved hands moved and then, they where off.

The carriage ride was wonderful. They rode though the forest around their house, to a memorable place where they had their first date and where Hiccup proposed.

Then, they went home again, took care of the horses and fell asleep in the hay...

(A/N: I know, not my best fanfic but I just wanted to get the picture off of my gallery. Well? What'ya think? Good? No? Alright...um...I'm off for now.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.