One Call Away

(A/N: What if Hiccup hadn't been shot down during Lightning Strikes? How long would it be before he would return? Listen to the song above! Long chapter. This chapter is from the song, One Call Away, - Charlie Puth.)

"No, Astrid. He can't stay here, we need to leave..." Hiccup said slowly, looking at the girl in front of him who he had a huge crush on.

"We?" Astrid asked, furrowing her brows. Hiccup looked at Toothless for a moment before looking back at the blonde.

"I'm going with him, Astrid. He wouldn't make it on his own out there. And I wouldn't either. We need to leave, before they decide to kill us both."

For the first time in forever, Astrid's eyes begun to sting and before she knew it, a tear slowly rolled down her cheek.

Hiccup's trained eyes directly saw that and he slowly neared her. Astrid pulled him into her arms the second he was close to her.

"Why can you just stay here? We can fix this, together. Why are you just going to leave me here? I though that we had something between us..." Astrid said softly, tightening her arms around her best friends body.

Hiccup signed, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I almost lost you a year ago after you defeated the Red Death. And now, I'm going to lose you again due to some stupid people in the village?"

"Astrid, please, as much as I want to stay, I can't. They threatened to send away Toothless. Maybe even kill him if we don't leave. I can't let that happen. He was my first friend. The friend that accepted me for who I was..." Hiccup said, not harshly, but not softly either.

Astrid gasped and pulled away, holding him by an arm length from his shoulder.

"But...but I though that you liked me. I was maybe wrong. I knew that I certainly had feelings for you but now...if you leave, then how will I know if you'll still be alive? Will I ever meet you again?" Astrid asked, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Hiccup placed his hands on Astrid's arms, pulling them off of him. He hugged her and placed his lips by her ear.

"I do like you, more than that actually. And, I will survive. I have Toothless with me, right? And I'll promise you that we'll meet again. Meet me in the Cove in four years, to the day."

"Four years?!" Astrid almost yelled. "Sshh, yes, four years. I'm sure that you can be without me for four years. Considering that you've been without me since we where five until last year," Hiccup told her softly.

Astrid pulled him closer by his vest, almost crushing him against her. "Be safe until then, Hiccup," She whispered into his ear, placing a small kiss under it.

Hiccup pulled away and looked at her. He placed one of his hands on her chin and leaned up, pressing his lips against her forehead.

"Goodbye, M'lady."

That was the last thing she heard from him before he hopped onto Toothless and flew away, into the stormy weather.

•••

Meet me in the Cove in four years, to the day.

That sentence have echoed in her mind for four years.

"Tomorrow is going to be a though day. He said that he would be there. I'd like to see if he actually keeps that," Astrid told to herself as she undressed for the night.