To God To Be True

Hiccup slowly walked into his house one late evening, expecting everybody to be asleep.

However, the second he stepped in, he saw his beloved wife, sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace, just staring into the flames.

He quietly closed the door after Toothless walked in.

The dragon walked up to his riders wife and nudged her arm lightly. Astrid jumped but smiled when a black tail wrapped around her, tail fins resting in her lap.

Astrid had learned how to unhook the tail so she took it off and place it aside of her. Toothless curled up around her in a circle, close enough for her to lean against his side.

Toothless raised his right wing, stretching it. Astrid looked up, seeing that the tip of his huge wing was bent slightly, since it touched the roof.

The blonde signed and curled up against him. She loved Toothless. She loved him just as much as she loved Stormfly and Hiccup.

Speaking of Hiccup.

Were is he?

Astrid looked up, turning her head to the slight noise coming from the door. She saw her husband hang up Toothless' fake tail on a hook on the wall.

It was the same for the Night Fury as it was for his rider. If Hiccup kept his prosthetic on all night, then it would be swollen and red and irritated. It was the same for Toothless.

Astrid smiled, curling up against her husbands dragon once again, warming herself. Toothless let down his wing slowly, but still holding it up.

Toothless licked Astrid's cheek with the tips of his tongue. The sliced tip grazed her cheek slowly before pulling back. Astrid place her hand on his head and scratched it as she saw her man slowly walking up to them.

Hiccup smiled, placing his placed on her shoulders for support as he leaned down slowly, not laying all his weight on her.

Astrid smiled and turned her head to the right. "Hey, M'lady..." Hiccup whispered, kissing her cheek. "Hey, babe," She said, pressing her lips against his for a second before pulling away.

Toothless lifted his tail and Hiccup sat down. Then, he draped it over the two, letting it rest sloppily in their laps.

Hiccup smiled, shaking his head slightly as he wrapped his arm around his wife's shoulder.

Astrid leaned towards him and laid her head on his armored shoulder.

She didn't stop her hand movements on Toothless' head. She knew that if she would, then he would walk away.

And she didn't want that.

Toothless suddenly grumbled, raising his head and pointing his ears.

Astrid pulled away and looked at him. The dragon moved his nose towards Astrid's abdomen and sniffled.

Astrid swallowed.

Hiccup looked at his dragon before looking at his wife. "What is it, Toothless?" He asked. The Night Fury grumbled again and nudged it softly.

Astrid jerked.

"A...Astrid?" He asked. The blonde looked over at him before looking down into the fire.

"Is there something you wanna tell me?" Hiccup asked.

Astrid signed and pulled away fully, standing up.

She walked to the other end of the room, looking down at her feel. She saw Hiccup wanting to stand up but she shook her head.

"I think you need to sit down for this..." She said quietly. Toothless stood up, walking over to her. He nudged her hand.

Astrid looked at him. The dragon sat down and became the same hight as the woman. She snuggles into his neck, having one of her arms draped over his neck.

"Astri-"

"I'm pregnant..."

Hiccup's eyes widened. He slowly stood up. She caught a slight shaking on his hands and closed her eyes.

Toothless looked at her and reassured her with a small smile. However, she didn't see it.

It was like minutes passed before she felt hands trailing from her armor less shoulders, down her arms to grab her hands.

Astrid opened he eyes, only to find her husband...smiling?

"That's great!" He said, pulling her in for a hug. "I love you..." He whispered into her neck.

Astrid breathed out and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"My gods."

Astrid pulled back her head to look at him. "You...we...parents?" He chocked out.

Astrid laughed, nodding. "Yes, Hiccup. We're going to be parents..." She said.

He swayed slightly.

Toothless eyes widened and he held out his wing, catching him as he fell.

Astrid groined.

"This is going to be a long pregnancy..."