I'll Catch You

(A/N: What if Hiccup had reached Astrid earlier than e would have after Eret, son of Eret shot down Stormfly?)

"What you're searching for...it's not out there, Hiccup," Astrid begin as she gestured towards the landscape ahead of them.

Hiccup had been out flying, discovering new islands while Astrid and the gang where having another Dragon race.

Now, they sat on the new islands Hiccup had found and by some weird thing, he'd named it Itchy Armpit. Probably Toothless.

Astrid looked back onto her boyfriend with a smile and placed a soft hand on his chest, right over his heart.

"It's in here," She told him, softly. Hiccup smiled and looked at his woman before wrapping an arm around her.

"Thank you, M'lady. You always know what to say..." Hiccup whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers.

Astrid laughed softly. "And that's why we're still here today. Why where still together."

Hiccup's eyes opened for a split second, and even then, their target was her lips.

"I love you," Astrid told him and wrapped her arms around his neck, right before she kissed him.

Hiccup hummed slightly, tilting his head to the right so the kiss could deepen.

Hiccup pulled away for a second to look at her. "I love you to, M'lady."

Astrid laughed and pulled away one of her arms around his neck, patting her pointer finger against Hiccup's stubbly chin.

"Hmm...I didn't know that," Astrid said, joking. Of course, they had said; "I love you," multiple times. But this time, it came out more seriously than the other so he just messed with him.

"You didn't? But-I-you-we-ugh..." Hiccup lost his words. "Hey," Astrid said, laughing. "I knew that, I was just messing with you, babe."

The two laughed before Hiccup turned his head to look over the landscape again.

However, far away, it looked like smoke was rising from behind a mountain or two.

"What's that?" Hiccup asked. Astris turned to look at the same thing he was. "I don't know. But whatever it is, it looks like danger."

"Great, love it!" Hiccup said and stood up. "You're not serious about going there, are you?" Astrid asked, fear laced in we voice.

Hiccup looked back at his woman and signed. He grabbed her hands and crouched down beside her. "I'll be careful. I promise. And you can come to, alright?"

Astrid hesitated but nodded slowly, bowing her head. "Hey," Hiccup said, grabbing her chin and lifting it up.

"It will be alright. I promise," He told her calmly. Then, he pressed a small kiss onto the blondes forehead before standing up.

Hiccup held out a hand for Astrid to take. The woman smiled, grabbed his hand and pulled herself up.

"Thanks babe, I love you..." She said, pressing her lips against his for a good second or two.

•••

"Stay close," Hiccup said as he looked at his love. Astrid signed and urged Stormfly after Toothless, staying close for her man's sake.

They flew a half lap around the ice constellation before flying though a hole in the ice.

Toothless suddenly growled but Hiccup only patted his head, telling him not to worry.

Astrid, however, she was worried. Because she saw a man with a huge net throwing weapon.

"Hiccup, look!" She yelled. The man and the Night Fury backed of just in time.

"Astrid! Watch out!"

The net flew past them and trapped Stormfly.

One of her wings got caught in the net and the duo begin to fall.

"Hiccup!" Astrid yelled as she lost her grip on Stormfly's saddle. Hiccup saw what happened and urged Toothless to fly as fast as he could towards her.

But, this time, it wasn't Toothless who had caught Astrid. But it was Hiccup.

The blonde fell right into his arms. Hiccup fastened his own arms around Astrid's body, holding her tightly against his.

Astrid's arms flew around his neck to hold onto him.

They where breathing hard at the realization of missing each other by a yard or an inch.

"Thanks babe."

"I'll never let you fall, M'lady," Hiccup said and hugged her closer to him.

"You did it once. And then, I fell for you," Astrid said and laughed after.

"That's cheesy. Even for you. But, I'm glad that you fell for me."

Astrid looked down and found her dragon, trapped in nets.

"Let's get her free," Astrid heard Hiccup's soft voice say.

"I agree."

(A/N: It's done! I'm off for hell- sorry, ahem, school! )

-Toothless_NightFury1.