MRI

(A/N: The picture above is how MRI looks like. [Magnetic Resonance Imaging] Practically, you have to lay still for as long as the whole thing takes. It's really not that nice. You can't breathe properly if you're claustrophobic. It's like, one-and-a-half-feet from the bottom to the top in the middle. So, I'm gonna explain everything though Astrid's perspective. By the way, have you seen Zootopia?! The song is from there. Feel free to listen!)

• Astrid POV •

I was sitting on the couch in the waiting room. Hiccup, my husband, sat beside me and stroke my good arm.

A few months ago, I was playing Volleyball and when I wanted to shoot, I heard by shoulder pop and a searing pain shooting though my body. I've been at a doctor but they say that it's fine and that I shouldn't worry about it.

However, I know that it's not fine. And the longer I have to wait, the more it hurts. "It'll be fine, M'Lady," Hiccup said and laced his fingers with mine.

I squeezed his hand. "I know but...I can't help but feel worried. You know I'm claustrophobic and that I hate small places."

That's true. He learned it the hard way. In our other house, I got stuck in the bathroom once and I couldn't come out. At last, I actually broke myself out by kicking up the door. Heh, he shouldn't have stood there right then. ...I broke his nose.

Anyway, I leaned against Hiccup and laid my head on his shoulder. "M'Lady..." He signed. God, how much I loved that nickname. The first time he said that, I think...we were like, fifteen? Sixteen? Probably around there.

"I know. I've known you since we were small. I know that you're claustrophobic," He said and turned his head towards me. "It's not just...that. What if I can't play Volleyball anymore? You know how much I love that..." I said and signed.

A aged woman with a green clothes game into the waiting room. "Astrid Hofferson," She said. Here we go then. I stood up and let go of Hiccup's hand. I walked up to the woman and pulled out a paper.

"Two things," I said and held out the paper. "First off, I'm Haddock and second, can I still do this while being pregnant?"

Oh, I didn't tell you? I found out this morning. I've been having morning sickness for two days and finally, I tested myself and it proved that I was positive.

Hiccup's glad. Lest not forget about it. He's been waiting for a-year-and-a-half.

"Okay, Astrid Haddock. I'm Ingrid," She said and we shook hands. "Yes, you can do MRI while being pregnant. How far are you?" She asked. "A few days, maybe a week," I said and looked at Hiccup.

He smiled foolishly and I couldn't hold myself either. "Okay, congratulations. Do you want someone to be with you or can you manage alone?"

I though. Should I do this alone or with Hiccup?

I took a deep breath. "I'll try alone..." I said and hesitated. I felt a hand on my waist. "It'll be fine, I promise," I heard his husky voice in my ear. I smirked. "Thanks."

•••

I had to change into other clothes since anything with metal in it would completely fuck up the whole scanning machine and everything around it. Ugh, that means that my ring has to go to.

Fuck.

Oops, sorry...not.

"Can you lay down here? On your back please," Ingrid said and gestured to the small bed like thing coming out of the machine. I nodded and sat down onto the "bed".

"Now, here, plug these into your ears," She said and gave me two small pieces of yellow earmuffs. I placed them into my ears while she took down a larger on from a hook on the wall. "And place these over."

I did what she told me.

•••

God, why did this machine sound so loud. Ugh, I'm starting to get a headache. Why? God damn. How long will this even continue. My shoulder hurts. Fuck this. Holly shit, this thing is so small.

Suddenly, the sound stopped and the radio went off. "Then we'll continue for three more minutes," I heard. Ugh, God damn this stupid piece of magnetic shit.

Actually, they continued like that for like, ten more minutes before stopping and saying that it was over. My head was blowing up from the sounds.

Imagine a...truck engine on full power with a concrete breaker. This shit is hilarious.

Thor rocks from above. I wouldn't have last more than a few seconds in there. Luckily, they pulled out the "bed" and I sat up slowly.

"Are you alright?" Ingrid asked. I nodded even though my head was exploding.

"Then you can leave," She said and gestured to the door. I stood up, grabbed my ring from a sealed box and saluted, walking out.

However, after a few feet, I could feel myself loosing my balance. Great. Radio waves fucked with my brain too. Could this day get any better?

I still hope the baby is okay. If that it will be okay.

I walked into the small changing room and changed into my clothes dizzily. I saluted once again and walked out of the room, into the hallway and towards the waiting room where Hiccup was sitting.

I saw him though the thin, white curtains. He sat on a chair, leaned forwards with his head in his hands.

"Babe..." I whispered weakly and walked up to him. "Astrid...are you alright?" He asked. "Fine. My head is about to explode and I feel like I'm about to faint but I'm okay," I said and grabbed my bag.

"I'll take that," He said and took it. I protested but knew that when Hiccup wanted something, he would always get it.

He's determined. Can't blame him. "We still have to announce the pregnancy to my mom," He said.

Shit, that too? Just...let me sleep...

The next thing I knew was that I was loosing my balance and that everything had gone black.

(A/N: This is almost how it happened. I had to lay on my stomach tho and I really did faint. I got driven home by the hospital minibus and since yesterday (when I came home~ April 8th, 5:37 PM) I haven't been able to get out of bed. I've slept for like, ten hours today. And I have to constantly charge my phone since I'm always on it. Anyway, that it for today. Feel free to ask me about it...

HERE!

Bye.)

- Toothless_NightFury1.