Ghost

Another long day had come to an end. Finally. It was like his days working and helping the village as a chief would never end.

Everything was so much harder now that his father was gone. He had at least hoped that when he took over his fathers place as chief, he would at least be there to support him.

But, not all hopes and dreams come true.

Hiccup wandered up the hill towards his and his family's house. Just before walking in, he took a deep breath and put on a smile. Like he always did.

"I'm home, M'Lady!" He said and closed the door behind him. No answer. The fire was burning in the fireplace though and it made the house warm and toasty from the cold weather outside.

Maybe...maybe they had gone out like they do every few days before he got home? He knew how much Destin loved to ride on Toothless and when he wasn't home, Astrid would be the one flying him.

Oh, I didn't tell you? Well, three years ago, after the great battle with Drago, - the second one [1] - he had asked Astrid to marry him a few days after that, when he almost lost her. He swore he would keep her safe. A few months after their marriage, Astrid had told him she was pregnant. At first, she thought he would get angry but she got vary surprised when he sprinted up to her, grabbed her by the waist and spun her around in the air before placing her down and kissing her.

Now, three years later, he was a father of one, - soon to be two since Astrid was expecting another child within the upcoming months - and he couldn't be happier. He had everything he needed in his life.

A wife that loved him and supported him no matter what he went through. A child that would probably look up to him in the upcoming years. A mother who was always there for him like another womanly figure. A village that understood him and most of all, he had friends that understood him just as much as his wife did.

The only thing he was missing was his father.

Hiccup sighed and slumped down onto his chair. It used to be his fathers but after he passed and the role of a chief landed on his shoulders, it became his.

Astrid also had one. She was the wife of the chief after all.

Hiccup closed his eyes and let the tears fall freely. He had dark circles under his eyes but he didn't care. He just decided to sit there. And, for a small amount of time, he actually felt his fathers hand on his shoulder and him saying, "Don't be so sad all the time, son. You have to be a good father now. Don't cry all the time when no ones home. Your son needs you just as much as your wife does. And, I'm always going to be here. I'm always going to protect your mother, and Astrid, and little Destin. Let's not forget about my second grandchild too!" He could hear his fathers booming voice laugh with excitement.

He couldn't help but smile a little. He knew his father would always be there. No matter how hard sometimes things felt, he knew that his father would always be there.

Hiccup sighed and wiped away his tears. He was happy. He heard voices below the house and stood up, walking over to the door and opening it. Just a few yards away came Toothless with Destin on top. Astrid was walking beside the dragon, making sure the kid wouldn't fall off. Valka looked at him and smiled.

He moved, letting the others come in. Snaking an arm around Astrid's waist as she walked passed him, he pulled her against his body and buried his face into the crook of her neck. Kissing her yaw, he pulled away and turned her around.

"How's my beautiful wife doing?" He asked and placed a hand on her stomach. "Good. And what has my husband been up to lately?"

Hiccup shrugged. "Helping villagers, fixing saddles, working on inventions...I came home a few minutes ago so I haven't done much yet."

Astrid nodded. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned up, pressing her lips against his. Her stomach was pressed tightly against his which must've provoked the little one on there. Even though it was well over four months until her due time, the baby moved for the first time. And Hiccup felt it.

"Oh," Astrid hummed and pulled away. "Geez, its feisty."

"At least we'll get a kid that goes after you," Hiccup mocked her. "Ha, ha, ha, hilarious," She said before shaking her head, smiling and walking off.

"Hey! I was just kidding! Astrid! Wait up!"

(A/N: Okay, lets clarify something. We all know that Drago will be back in the third movie and rumors say the second battle will be a few months after the first one. So, they're probably just a few months older. Hiccstrid is something around 23-ish? 24? Yeah, idk, I'm out. My heads hurting.

Hope you liked it. Bye!)

- Toothless_NightFury1.