Nightmare

Astrid's POV.

I saw and heard Stoick yell Hiccup's name. I was in panic. I didn't know what I was going to do. Stoick searched for Hiccup before finding, what he thought would be Hiccup, but finding Toothless.

The bulky man fell onto his knees in front of the dragon, bowing his head. I knew right then, Hiccup was gone. The lanky Viking that I had taken a strong liking on, was gone.

Forever.

But then, gasps went off throughout the crowd and I looked up. There he was, laying on Stoick's arms.

I looked at the two with glad eyes, knowing that Hiccup would be alright.

"Astrid...he wants to talk to you..." Stoick suddenly said. I furrowed my brows before slowly walking towards the two. When I reached them, I sat down next to the chief and he carefully laid Hiccup into my arms.

The boy looked up at me with half closed eyes. "Astrid...please, take care of Toothless..." Hiccup whispered. "I will and your going to be alright to..." I said with a small smile. But when Hiccup shook his head slowly, tears builded in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Astrid. I can't take this anymore. These past fifteen years have been great, even though you hated me, I still loved you. I'm sorry that it had to end here. We could have been something...but I won't be there anymore" He whispered.

Right then, I knew what he meant and started to cry. "No...don't leave! No, please, Hiccup! Please don't leave me here, alone! I won't love anybody as much as I loved you! Please, don't do this to me...stay here!" I begged but when I finished my last sentence, he was already gone.

- • - • - • -

Authors POV.

"NO!!" Astrid yelled as she jolted up in bed. Her hair was stuck to her forehead and sweat was running down the side of her head. She looked around, not knowing where she where.

But then, she heard someone groin next to her. "Astrid?" Hiccup asked. The blonde signed in relief and wrapped her arms tightly around his body. Hiccup was surprised but hugged his wife back.

They made it to full sit position. "Astrid? What's wrong?" Hiccup asked gently. Astrid sobbed, tears slowly making its way down her cheeks.

"I-I, I had a-a nightmare...a-and you d-died r-right, right after d-defeating t-the Red D-death..."

After hearing that, Hiccup pulled Astrid closer to him. Astrid snuggled into her husbands chest, settling down a bit. Hiccup patted her back soothingly.

Astrid suddenly pulled away and looked at her husband. She looked deeply into his eyes, as if she was searching for something. Something that she knew was there but she didn't know what exactly.

Hiccup smiled a lopsided smile. Astrid laughed before she concentrated again. She suddenly smiled, as if she found what she was searching for and leaned against Hiccup, pressing her lips against his.

Hiccup recovered from the small shock and kissed back. He couldn't get that Astrid was his wife and he was her husband.

It was only in his dreams that it would happen but it happened. And he was glad that he got the courage to ask her out when they where younger.

Astrid pulled away with a smack and smiled. "I'm glad that you fought for your life and didn't give up because then, you wouldn't be here..."

Hiccup smiled and looked at her with loving eyes. "I love you..."

"I love you to..."

The two kissed once again before laying down. Astrid snuggled close into Hiccup's chest with a smile. Hiccup wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her as close as she could get before falling asleep.