Meeting Your Parents

Your mom knew about the age difference between you and Jared. The only thing was you didn't know if your dad knew. So right now you were kind of worried about what your dad would think. It couldn't be that bad though because Jared is the sweetest guy you've come to know.

"Babe we're here. Are you alright?" Jared asked and you had just noticed the car was stopped. You turned and looked at him putting on a smile.

"Yeah I'm fine babe."

"You sure?" He chuckled.

"Yes. Now come on we don't want to keep my parents waiting." He nodded and got out then went to open your door. When you got there you saw your parents and went to where they were.

"Hi mom. Hi dad."

"Hey sweetheart." Your mom said giving you a hug. Then your dad did the same giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"Mom. Dad. This is Jared my boyfriend."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." He held out his hand. In which your mom said it was nonsense and gave him a hug. Your dad hook his hand. It was alright though he had never been much of a hugger. Unless it was you or your mom. The four of you took your seats and ordered food and drinks.

"So Jared. I hear your in a band."

"Yes sir. Thirty Seconds To Mars." Jared replied smiling.

"I must say I gave you guys a listen and it's not bad. Not exactly my taste but enjoyable."

"Thank you sir. We try our best."

"There is one question I would like to ask you if you don't mind."

"Anything sir." You loved how he would call your dad sir. He was so polite.

"How old are you?" Here it comes. Seeing as your dad looked up his band he had to have figured how old he was now.

"I am 44 but I am told I look to be in my late 20's." By this point the food has been brought and eaten half way through.

"If I am being quite honest here if I may. I didn't like the fact that you are older by so many years but seeing how happy she is with you makes me happy. I trust you with my daughter. I just need you to promise me that you will do right by her."

"Yes sir. I plan to do nothing but. She's my everything and I wouldn't let her go for anything." He faced you when he said the last sentence.

"I love you Y/N." Your eyes widened in surprise. That was the first time those words were exchanged between you two.

"I love you too Jared." You kissed him on his lips not caring if people were watching. You turned back to your parents were all smiles. After dinner you and Jared went home. As you were getting dressed in your pjs he came up behind you wrapping his arms around you.

"I meant what I said. I love you babe." You turned so you were now facing him with your arms around his neck.

"So did I. I love you. So much." You shared a kiss and it led to more. Let's just say you and him had some fun. (;