Hair

Jared's P.O.V

There's nothing more exciting than surprising your loved ones. I was about an hour away from my home that I share with my wife and son. I smile to myself thinking about how happy she would be to see me. Thinking about him running into my arms and laughing as I spin him around. I can't help it. I love my family too damn much.

Your P.O.V

"Mommy when is daddy coming home?"

"He'll be home Saturday babe."

"Ok." You heard sadness in his voice and it broke your heart.

"Come here bud." He walked over to you and got down to his level.

"How about me and you have a movie night. We'll watch whatever you want to and eat popcorn. How does that sound?" He nodded his head happily and clapped his hands running to the living room to pick something out. A laugh escaped your lips. You went to your phone and called Jared only to be greeted by his voicemail. You sighed and put it down getting out a popcorn packet and putting in the microwave. When it was done you poured it into a bowl and sat down next to James. He picked out Lego Movie which you thought was an adorable movie anyway. Half way through the movie you could see his eyelids begin to drop. You put the movie on mute in time to hear keys in the door. Thinking it was just your mother in law.

"It's open Constance!" You yelled and proceeded to pick up your son.

"As much as I love my mom I'd rather be called by my given name." You knew that voice. You turned to see Jared standing by the door bags in hand.

"Jay!" You shout whisper. He put down his bags and you go over and give him a big hug.

"Hello to you to babe." He laughed.

"I thought you weren't supposed to home until Saturday."

"Yeah well I finished up earlier than they thought I would so I came home. Plus I missed my wife and son is that a crime."

"Of course not." You laughed and he picked up spinning you around the putting you back on your feet.

"Mommy?" You heard James whisper. You could see him get up and walk towards you.

"Look James. Daddy's here!" Jared got down to his level and opened his arms. You could see James look at him for a second and go behind your leg.

"My daddy's hair isn't green." Out of the corner of your eyes you saw Jared get up and leave the room. You took James's little hand in yours.

"James look at me. That's daddy. You remember when momma told you he went away to work on a movie?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Yeah well he just hasn't dyed his hair back to its normal color. He will soon though I promise." With that being said he ran past you and up to your room you assumed. You went up in time to see him hugging Jared.

"It's alight buddy. But I promise I'll change my hair back. Now why don't you get in bed and I'll read you a story book."

"Ok daddy!" He ran past you and you went over to Jared and sat in his lap.

"You ok?" You asked and he turned to look at you.

"Yeah. He came and apologized and gave me the biggest hug ever." He laughed.

"He loves you he just didn't recognize you. I think I just forgot to show him the pictures you sent." He kissed your temple then your lips.

"No it's alright. It's not your fault. I'm just happy he knows who I am now. I'll be back I'm going to put him to bed then I'm going to have some fun with you." He said winking before leaving the room.