High School

Requested By: @lifeofthepizza

You were at your locker when you felt someone's presence behind you.

"Hey Y/N." You turned your head and saw Jared. Your one and only best friend. You weren't great at making them because you were too shy to speak to anyone but something about him made you feel safe.

"Hey Jared. Are you coming to class today?" He had a slight problem showing up on time or sometimes not at all. Yep your best friend was a little bit of a bad boy. You'd be lying if you said you didn't like it.

"Yeah I'm coming today. Hey listen I won't be able to make it tonight. I have a date with Sally. I would get out of it but I can't."

"No that's fine. I'll just hang out with my mom. She's not that bad."

"I still feel bad I promise to make it up to you."

"Okay." You said smiling and shut your locker door. You both walked to class.

~

A week past Jared wouldn't speak to you and you didn't understand why. He would see you in the hallway and you would speak but he wouldn't talk back. The difference was he was with Sally. Maybe she didn't want him talking to you anymore. You didn't do anything about it. You didn't know what to do. You were never one to fight physically or with words.

"Hey Y/N. What are you doing Friday night?" Dean who sat being you and would talk every now and then asked.

"Nothing Dean. Why?"

"Can I take you out on a date maybe?" This was the first time a guy ever asked you out. You could feel the blush in your face.

"Yeah. Sure."

~

Jared's P.O.V

After hearing Dean ask out Y/N I wanted to shout out a NO. I didn't but it was something I wanted. Sally didn't like me talking to her so I had been completely ignoring her and if I didn't already regret it I certainly did now. Now it was too late for me to ask her out myself.

"Jared. Let's go." Sally smiled. I'm going to talk to her today. I can't see her anymore. I want my best friend for my own. No one else can have her.

"Sally I need to talk to you." I let go of her hand as we stopped in front of her house.

"About what?"

"Us. I liked you a lot at the beginning of this but you've made me push away my best friend. I'm not going to lie I hate you for that. I have to.."

"You have to go for it."

"What?"

"Jared I've seen the way you look at her. Even when I told you to stay away and not talk to her. We were only together a week. I don't know why I did that I guess I was just jealous of the relationship you to had. She's really pretty and I think you should go tell her how you feel. I'm not going to lie to you I really really like you but your heart bings to someone else." She kissed my cheek and walked to her door. She was right my heart belonged to Y/N and I have to tell her how I felt. She lives a couple of houses down thankfully not too far. Once I got there I knocked on the door and her mom answered.

"Hi Jared. Are you alright sweetie?"

"Oh yes ma'am. Sorry I'm just a little out of breath."

"Come in. I'll make you a water or lemonade?"

"Waters fine. Thank you Mrs. Y/L/N."

"No problem at all. Y/N's upstairs. You can go up." She passed me the glass and I took it taking it with me up to her room.

"Come in." I heard her say before I opened the door just enough for me to get in.

"Jared?"

"Hey. Your mom said you were up here. I hope you don't mind."

"No. Not at all. Come sit." She patted the spot next to her on the bed. I put my glass on her nightstand.

"So. What's up?"

"First off I want to apologize for treating you the way I've been for the past week. I hate myself for not speaking to you. You're my best friend and I shouldn't have done that. Second I know you have a date tonight with Dean I overheard. Before you went I have something I need to tell you. I like you Y/N. I really really like you. I should have said something sooner but I didn't like the idiot I am." She was silent and no words yet left her mouth. Then she leaned in and kissed me. My hands automatically going to her waist.

"I really really really like you Jared."