Car Accident Pt.2

Jared's P.O.V

It just felt so unreal. My girlfriend was no longer here. Physically.

"Sweetheart. It's time for your speech." My mom said quietly squeezing my hand lightly. I gave her a sad smile and walked to the podium. All eyes on me and somehow I felt nervous. I kept my focus on the casket for a few seconds then looked down at the papers. I shoveled them a little then spoke up.

"Y/N was one of the best things to ever happen to me." My voice was shaky but I had to make it through.

"It's unfair that she got taken away from me from all of us so soon. This is hard for me to do but I know she would want me to." I bit my lip and looked up at the blue sky then back.

"I can talk forever on the reasons I love her but if I did I would just be remembering more of what I'll be missing. She was my soulmate and I don't know if I'll ever find someone who understood me like she did. She didn't know this but I was planning on asking for her hand in marriage. Asking her to be my wife. Now that's not going to happen and.." The tears started coming faster. The next thing I know my mom is next to me rubbing my back. As I thought of the memories that were and what could have been. I said one last thing before going to sit down.

"She will always be my first love. I know she's not here physically but she will always be in my heart. I love you Y/N." My mom took my hand and we sat back down in our seats. More people spoke of her and after I got lots of hugs and everyone telling me everything was going to be okay. When I got home I laid in bed and held one of my shirts she wore often. It had a hint of her perfume on it. Soon falling asleep.