Decorating

You heard the door open but didn't bother to look. You had been so tired from work that when you got home you went straight to bed. A couple minutes later you opened your eyes and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was 6 and you sighed. You had practically slept the day away but the hospital needed you and you loved helping people. You got out of bed and walked in the bathroom. When you were done you walked downstairs and could hear laughter getting louder as you got closer. You stood at the bottom step and watched as Jared played with your little girl.

"Can I go see if mommy's awake now?"

"Sure honey. Don't be sad if she's not mommy worked late last night." You decided to make your presence know and she ran to you. Hugging you tight.

"Yes pumpkin?"

"Can we decorate the tree now?"

"Of course we can sweetie. Just give me one minute." She nodded her head and went to sit on the couch. Watching Finding Dory (I Love This Movie!😭💙) while you went to the kitchen. You felt hands on your waist and a kiss on your cheek.

"She wanted to wait for you before we started working on the tree. Rough night last night?"

"Yeah but I'm used to it."

"Mhmm. Later on I'll help you relax." You turned around in his arms and kissed him. Taking his hand and going back into the living room.

"I'm all ready to go if you are sweetie."

"Yay." She was so excited and you thought it was adorable. Jared went to get the boxes of decorations while you out her newly made ornament. Letting her hang it on the tree herself. He came back and the three of you started. The tree was starting to look good.

~

"There. All done. Daddy can you turn off the lights and plug in the tree?"

"Yeah." He plugged in the tree lights and flipped the switch off.

"Wow! It's pretty mommy."

"Yes it is but you know what we're missing? Our star." She reached in the box and grabbed it. Jared letting her on his shoulders as she put it up top. Carefully. When she was in bed you would straighten it a bit but for now it was fine. You went to the kitchen and made dinner for them. After you finished eating you out away the dishes while Jared took her upstairs and have her a bath. When finished you went back and found the wreath hanging it on the door. Then shutting it and going back and sitting on the couch. Until you heard your name being called. You put down the remote and went upstairs to see her in her pjs and Jared sitting by her bed a book in hand.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

"I just wanted to kiss you goodnight." She smiled.  You leaned down and let her kiss your cheek and you did the same.

"Love you."

"Love you too mommy."

"I'll be in the bedroom." You mouthed to Jared and he just smiled sending a kiss your way before you left. You went down and turned off all the lights and locked the doors. Going back and walking into your shared bathroom and turning on the shower. Wrapping a towel around your wet body after you got out. Finding Jared sitting on the bed.

"Jay could you hand me my things." He grabbed your clothes and have them to you. You dropped the towel and got dressed then went and laid your head in his lap. Closing your eyes. You felt his hand in your hair and hummed.

"Babe? I love you but do you kid getting up so I can get changed." He chuckled and you sat up and let him go. Crawling up to your pillow and laying your head down. His arm snaked around you and pulled you closer to him.

"So much for helping me relax." You laughed.

"Well your already tired. We'll just do that tomorrow."

"Do what?"

"Relax." He kissed your shoulder and you turned your body to were you were facing him. He leaned forward and kissed your lips.

"Love you Jay. Thanks for letting me sleep in today."

"Love you too Y/N. Not a problem at all. I know how hard you work. You needed that sleep earlier." He kissed you again before sleep took over.