Dating Again

A/N: I Got The Idea From Watching Grey's Anatomy ... Sort Of ❤️

You were in the middle of a nap when you heard the baby crying. You got out of bed and walked to his room. Tripping over toys as you went to his crib and picked him up.

"Shhh. It's okay baby. Momma's here." You rocked him side to side slowly in your arms. His eyes closing once again and you placed him back. Watching him for a few seconds. You cracked his door and went to get you a glass of water.

"Hey. When did you get home?" Jared looked up from his lap to you.

"Just a second ago. Chris asleep?"

"Yeah. Just got him back down."

"So. I never got to hear about how your date went last night."

"About that. I cancelled. I told him I was busy and he bought it. I actually rescheduled for tonight." You hit your head because you forgot until that moment. You looked at your watch to see it was already 7.

"Go."

"What?"

"Go. Go out and have fun Y/N. You deserve it."

"No it's fine. I'll just tell him I can't tonight."

"No. Get out of here. Seriously. You've been here with the baby all day. He's mine too. Don't worry about coming home early either. Stay out as late as you want." You sighed and nodded.

"Alright. I'll go. Happy?"

"Of course." You smiled and went upstairs to give James a call. He agreed to met you at the bar. You changed into a black dress putting on little make up and heels.

~ Two Hours Later ~

"Thank you. I had a really great time tonight."

"Me too. So I'll see you next week?"

"Definitely." He leaned in and kissed you. Then got back in his car. You really liked this guy. You opened the door and saw Jared sitting and watching tv.

"Had fun yeah?"

"I did."

"I'm glad." He smiled then got up.

"Where are you going?"

"Up to bed."

"Stay with me. Let's watch a movie."

"Aren't you tired? It's late."

"I'm fine Jared. Come on." He sat back down and put it on Netflix. You loved that you both could still do things like this without it being too awkward. Plus he was an amazing dad.