Your Son

You never thought it would happened to you. You heard stories on the news and read it in the paper. You were in shock and felt guilty. You turned your back for what could've been seconds and there was your boy. Your baby. Only 5 laying there in the middle of the street. One of the neighbors called 911 while the another held your shaking body. The ambulance came and you rode with them. When you got to the hospital you called Jared your ex husband. Thankful that he picked up and he was on his way. With his busy schedule you didn't think he was going to be able to make. Now here you are waiting for some update and for Jared.

"Y/N." He had been crying you never liked seeing him sad.

"Jared." You stood up and he went over to you and hugged you tight. He let you go and you both sat down.

"How is doing?"

"They haven't come out to give me an update yet. I'm still waiting. He's going to make it I know he is. He has to he's my baby out baby. He's too young Jay." You could feel the tears coming again and he pulled you to his chest and rubbed your back.

"I know he will Y/N. You're right he's too young and he has his whole life ahead of him. Everything is going to be alright." You felt him kiss your head.

Jared's P.O.V

"I'll be right back I have to use the little girls room."

"Okay sweetheart. I'll let you know if they come with news."

"Thank you." She got up and left. Not even a second later the doctor came out and the look on his face scared me. I got up as he got closer to me and he sighed.

"We tried everything possible but your son did not make it. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"No. No. YOU GET IN THERE AND DO SOMETHING! THAT'S MY BOY IN THERE!" I felt a hand on my arm and Y/N with tears in her eyes. I turned back to the doctor but he was already gone. I looked around and everyone in the waiting room looked scared of me. Even Y/N. They allowed us in his room to see him one last time. I heard Y/N gasp then cover her mouth. She went to his bedside and took his hand in hers and broke down. I went to hold her and she was shaking. She turned around and buried her head in my shirt muffling her cries. Soon I wasn't able to hold it any longer and cried. Both of us holding onto each other not wanting to let go.