Baby's First Christmas

Yawning you sat up stretching your arms in the air. Throwing your legs over the side and feet touching the floor. You put your slippers on and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth and wash your face. Coming back out and seeing Jared still asleep. Not even bothering to wake him up. He had stayed up half the night with the baby he had insisted. You walked downstairs and as you got closer to the kitchen you smelled coffee.

"Good morning Y/N."

"Morning Constance. When did you get here?"

"Just 10 minutes ago. I used the key you gave me to get in. Coffee?"

"Yes please." You smiled. She went and got out a cup for you and poured some in. You two talked a good while. She left you to go see her granddaughter. A minute later you felt two strong arms wrap around your waist and lip at your neck.

"Morning babe."

"Morning. Before you get any ideas your mom's just upstairs."

"She's here already?"

"Yeah."

"Where?"

"Sasha's room. She should be down in a minute or two. So go put on a shirt."

"I'll be back in a sec then." He kissed your cheek and went back up. You moved from your standing spot in the kitchen on to the couch. Turning on the tv. You heard baby sounds and looked to see Constance coming with Sasha in her arms. You smiled and she joined you.

"Hi baby." She laughed in the most adorable way when you said that. Making a smile appear on your face.

"Morning mom."

"Look who's up sweetheart. Your daddy. Morning Jared." He kissed her cheek and Sasha's head.

"I have gifts in the car. Would you mind going to get them?"

"On it."  He grabbed her keys and went out the door.

"Mom you sure you got enough for Sasha?" As he said that you turned your head and saw some boxes. You put your cup down and walked over to see at least 8 for Sasha.

"She's my first grandchild and I wanted to get her as much as I could."

"Yeah mom I see that." Jared said examining the gifts. You loved how much she loved and adored Sasha. Looking at the time on your watch you figured it was time to go and make yourself presentable.

"I'll be back in a few I just need to get dressed and whatnot."

"Alright sweetheart. We'll be down here." She smiled and went back to playing with Sasha. You went up going to the closet and getting some clothes. The family was coming to over to open presents and just be with each other. Even before you married Jared it was a tradition in your family. Him, Shannon, and Constance immediately caught on. Loved it. This being the third year. This time there was a baby. Your own lovely angel sent from heaven. Who everyone pretty much adored.

"Oh my god. Your hands are like ice sickles. Why?" You whisper yelled as you felt Jared's hands at your sides.

"It's cold outside and I didn't wear any gloves when I got the presents out of mom's car."

"You know there is a fire downstairs where you can warm up."

"I know. I'm the on who put it there but I prefer to warm myself using you. My personal heater."

"Shut up and go back down. I'll be there in a minute. Let me go so I can put on my shirt."

"I have to get dressed too. You can't get rid of me that easy." He took of his shirt and threw it on the floor.

~

Sasha was being passed on from one person to another and you hadn't gotten to hold her once today. Selfish a little yeah but she was your baby.

"You'll get her back babe."

"Is it that obvious?"

"No I just know you. Know how you get when you don't have our baby in your arms." Jared explained putting his around around your waist and kissing your lips. Pretty soon the floor was covered in wrapping paper and under the tree bare except the tree skirt. Sasha got a bunch of new toys to play with and a special gift from grandma. You and Jared thanked everyone for the gifts that were for her and for coming. Before everyone left Shannon helped Jared get the wrapping paper off the floor.

"I am tired my dears. I think I'll go on up to bed." Constance said getting up and handing Sasha to you.

"Okay. Listen thank you for all the help today and the gift. It was lovely."

"Your welcome sweetie." She hugged and kissed your cheek. Doing the same to Jared.

"Night mom."

"Goodnight." She went up and into the guest bedroom.

"She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping." Jared said softly.

"She really does."

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"Having my baby."

"Is that all?" You asked raising an eyebrow.

"No of course not but its at the top. Merry Christmas to both of my angels."

"Merry Christmas."