Best Friend Pt.1

It's been months since you last saw your best friend Jared. He's been away filming Suicide Squad and press junkets and whatnot. Today he was finally coming home. You couldn't wait to see him again. You were both excited and nervous because you wanted to tell him how you felt about him. Not knowing how he would take the news was what made you nervous. You were in the middle of getting dressed when your phone buzzed.

Jay: Hey (: I'm heading towards the restaurant just letting you know. See you soon.

You threw the phone in the bed and put in your shirt and shoes. You went downstairs and grabbed your keys and purse and left. Once you got there you noticed that he was sitting at your table. You guys went there so much when he was around more that the people basically reserved it for you both. So it like a special table so to speak. You walked in and saw a lady sit next to him and he kissed her cheek. You felt your heart drop but kept a smile on your face. Hoping that he wouldn't see that you were trying to hide something. He was always good at reading you.

"Hey Jay!"

"Y/N! I missed you so much!" He said before going to you and hugging you tightly.

"I missed you too." Then you heard someone clearing there throat.

"Oh. Y/N this is Cheri my girlfriend. Cheri this is Y/N."

"It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard so much about you." You could tell she was being completely fake but just left it alone.

"Really?" As she shook you're hand you raised an eyebrow to Jared.

"How could I not tell her stories about one my favorite people in the world." He laughed and you both sat down. Majority of the time was spent getting to know her more. The one woman that had the one thing you wanted. Jared.

"If you'll excuse me ladies."

"Where are you going?" She asked grabbing hold of his arm.

"To the bathroom. I'll be back in a sec." She let him go and when he was out of sight she turned to you.

"You seem nice and I like that about you. I see the way you look at him but he'll never love you. He's mine and I don't like to share." What did she mean by that? You asked yourself you just looked at her. Something told you she was bad news and didn't really love him. You were about to say something back when he came back.

"Thank you for lunch Jay. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Actually I have to go with Cheri to her brothers house. It's his sons birthday I'm sorry."

"No it's alright don't worry about it. Another time then?"

"Yeah absolutely. Bye Y/N/N." Once you got home you went in and took a shower. You had a bad feeling about this. Felt as if you wouldn't be able to see him after a few weeks because he could fall for her. Now you were just scaring your self a little. You looked at the clock and saw that it was only 4 in the afternoon. You shrugged your shoulders and put it on Netflix.

Knock. Knock.

"Coming!" You opened the door to see your other best friend. Shannon Jared's brother.

"Surprise!" He said throwing his hands up.

"Hey!" You laughs going in for a hug. You let him in and you both went to sit on the couch.

"What brings you here?"

"Just came to check on you. Jared's at moms with Cheri." Only three people knew about your feeling towards Jared. Shannon, Constance, and your mom.

"Oh."

"Yeah. I told him I had to go run an errand so I didn't have to stay. But really just to see how you were considering your feelings."

"I understand. Honestly I don't know how to feel. I mean if he's happy I'm happy for him it I met her today at lunch. She doesn't like me and she made that perfectly clear. I don't know if this is jealous or just what but she's not good enough for him. Something about her just doesn't seem right."

"No it's not just you. Trust me." By the time he left it was 11 and you were tired. Glad you had someone to vent to though. You turned off the tv and light and went up stairs. Got under the covers and went to sleep.