Date Night

"So I was thinking." Jared sighed taking your left hand in his right. Intertwining your fingers together.

"About..." You ask looking to him instead of the movie on the screen.

"It's been a while since we had time alone together. I would love to take you to a nice fancy restaurant where we don't have to take the kids. Just me and you. Don't get me wrong I love our little angels but I just want to be alone with you."

"That actually sounds very nice. When do you plan on doing this?"

"Well I already called Shannon and he said it's no problem. He'll be here in about three hours to pick up the kids."

"Pick them up? Why can't he just watch them until we get back?"

"Babe when I say alone time that's exactly what I mean."

"Oh." Your eyebrow raised and a smirk appeared on Jared's face.

"Yeah that's right." He leaned in and kissed you before getting up.

~

You took in front of the mirror and smoothed out your dress.

"Mommy you look beautiful!" You heard your daughter and son say.

"Thank you babies."

"You sure do look beautiful." Jared smiled.

"Daddy can I go with you and mommy on your date?"

"No sweetie. It's just going to be us baby but how about we have a date of our own next week. We'll do whatever you want. Daddy daughter date. Okay sweetpea?"

"Okay daddy." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and he put her down. Ruffling Tommy's hair. They ran into the other room.

"You almost ready?"

"Yeah just have to put on my shoes and grab my purse." You did just that and Jared took your hand walking down to the living room.

"Alright. You two be good for Uncle Shannon. He'll tell me other wise. I love you two."

"Don't worry Jared they're in good hands. They never misbehave."

"Thank you for taking them Shan."

"No problem. Not at all I love them and you two need a night out." He smiled as you went to hug him. You gave the kids kisses and hugs and they were out the door.

"Shall we?"

"We shall."

~

"I know it's date night and you probably want to stay away from the subject of kids. But I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have another kid. Do you ever think about having another one?"

"I love talking about the kids first of all second we already have two Y/N. Six year olds for that matter."

"I know but I miss when they were little and I could swaddle and hold them in my arms."

"Babe. I would love nothing more than to have another kid with you but I think we should at least wait until they're a little older." He told you rubbing the back of you hand with his thumb.

"Yeah I hear you. Okay. I just wanted to know how you felt about it."

"I love the idea I just want to wait. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Why don't we get out of here. I have something planned for us before we hit the sheets."

"I wonder what."

"You'll see." He opened the car door for you letting you in. One hand on the wheel and the other on your knee.

~

"Oh my god. This is the best cake I've ever had."

"Your welcome. I had my mom help with it. As you know I'm not much of a cook."

"You can make some things babe. It's not like your horrible at it."

"Wow thanks for the compliment?"

"Mhmm." He let his finger take some frosting off the cake and held it to your lips. You looked him in the eyes and you wrapped your mouth around it licking it clean.

"I think it's time for daddy to have some fun." He whispered in your ear. Sending shivers down your spine.

"Then let's go." He picked you up throwing you over his shoulder. He didn't want you to hold anything back with it just being the two of you.