Break Up

Earlier you got a call from Jared saying he wouldn't be home until the next day. He told you not to worry he was staying at Shannon's so you made plans of your own. You were going out with an old friend from college Jacob. You two had been very close but grew apart over the years until one day you bumped into each other. You didn't tell Jared because you didn't want him to angry or jealous knowing how he could get. It wasn't like you weren't going to not tell him just not yet. You dressed in a simple but beautiful dress and heels. You grabbed your purse, phone and keys then went to the car. You were meeting him there because you didn't want the neighbors to get the wrong idea. You knew that some of them just didn't mind their own business. You drive to the restaurant and you were the first to arrive. They went ahead and seated you at a table near the windows and he came in moments later.

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey Jacob." You got up and hugged him and then sat back down.

"How have you been?"

"Doing good can't complain. How about you?"

"Better than I could ever imagine."

"You seem happy. In fact a little to happy did I miss something?" He laughed.

"You've missed lots but I've come a long way from being that girl who hated being social. And I'm engaged."

"Yeah that's right. I was the only person you would talk to for a while. Congratulations."

"Thank you. Now I don't know when to shut up thanks to you."

"Your welcome by the way."

"Thank you. Hey how's um I want to say Beth?"

"Yeah her names Beth and it's going so far so good. Her mom and my mom have been by our house non stop talking about the wedding but it's nice to see." You both talked more then he excused himself and went to the bathroom. You looked around the beautifully lit room and noticed a familiar face. One that you have grown to love and cherish every day of your life. You wondered what he was doing there but your question was soon answered when a brunette came and he pulled her into his lap. Then he put his hand on her cheek and planted a kiss on her lips. When you turned your head back Jacob was sitting in front of you.

"When did you get back?" You chuckled trying to hide your tears but failing.

"A few seconds ago. Y/N what's wrong?" You didn't say anything just pointed a finger for him to look straight ahead. He asked the waiter for the bill and he paid. He walked you to your car.

"Thanks for dinner it was lovely." You said trying to avoid talking about what you just saw.

"Your welcome. Y/N are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine. You should get home to Beth I'm sure she would love to fill your head with more ideas for the wedding." You laughed lightly.

"Okay. Come here." He hugged you tight and kissed your head. He went to his car and you drove home. That night you didn't get sleep and you hated it. When you "woke" up you went down and made yourself some coffee. You heard keys in the door but it wasn't who you were expecting.

"Good Morning Y/N."

"Good Morning Constance."

"Sorry to just barge in like this." She said putting her things down and giving you a hug.

"Nonsense. You're always welcome here."

"Thank you dear. Where's my son?" She asked you smiling. Then you remembered last night.

"He stayed at Shannon's place. I don't really know why but he should be home soon." Just when you though you had it a tear fell down your face. You quickly wiped it away hoping she didn't see.

"Y/N sweetheart what's wrong?"

"It's nothing sorry just something in my eye."

"If there's something wrong you know you can talk to me. We'll be family soon." She said taking your hand in hers. You sighed not wanting to throw Jared under the bus but you had tell her. Be honest. You told her what happened and she shook her head. Now she was mad you could definitely tell.

Jared's P.O.V

"I'll tell her okay. Then I'm all yours babe. I've got to go I just pulled into the drive way. Love you too." I got out and noticed that my mom was here. I opened the door to see Y/N and my mom sitting at the table in the kitchen.

"Hey mom. Hey babe." She didn't look happy. Neither of them did.

"What's her name?" My mom asked while Y/N sat there quietly looking at the table.

"What. Is. Her. Name?" I've never seen my mom like this.

"Nora."

"You know you're one to talk Y/N. I saw you with Jacob. You telling me you weren't doing the same."

"I wasn't doing the same actually. What I was doing was having dinner with a close friend because my fiancé was "at his brothers house". We talked about his soon to be wife and what good things we have in our lives. We weren't kissing or touching on each other. I know I lied by not telling you this sooner but what you did is so much worse. I just want to know one thing. How long?" Y/N was now standing walking closer to me.

"A month." She didn't say or do anything. She stood there then my mom stood beside her.

"If you need some place to stay you can come stay with me sweetheart."

"No I don't want to put you out. I think I'll go stay with a friend. But thank you so much for offering. I'm going to pack a bag." She didn't look at me just pushed me out of the way and went upstairs.

"You know I've always loved you Jared no matter what you did. But this is something different. I've never been ashamed of you until now." Those words hurt coming from my mother.

"Mom you've got to understand I love someone else and she loves me."

"I still love you Jared and I always will because you're my baby no matter how old you are. And I'm most definitely not going to tell you how to live your life. You'll soon figure out you made a mistake." Y/N came back down with a suitcase and got her car keys. She left without saying goodbye. My mom just looked at me with a frown and waved leaving me alone.