One Shot: Mare's Interrogation

Jon tapped his long bony fingers against his side, starring across the room to you willingly. You two were alone, and you enjoyed his company. Your back was towards him as you were picking a book. But you knew everything he was doing. You were an eye, House Eagrie, but not a Newblood like Jon. Just a normal silver. Even though he was way better than you, Jon took a liking to you as you did to him. But he wasn't one you claimed, no no. King Maven Calore, your "boyfriend" as you want to call him. He loves you as much as you love him. But he's engaged to Evangeline and you can't do a damn thing about it. Maven would've picked you that day when Evangeline won for Cal but then Mare came and ruined everything. A smile appeared on his face once you turned to look at him. You didn't bother asking, of course Jon knew what you were going to ask.

"They're talking about you." He said through thin lips. Unbelievable.

                                         ~                                                 Meanwhile                                                 ~

"I doubt a royal wedding is something you can do on short notice. I assume you know exactly when you're marrying Samos." Mare said, trying her best to get into Maven's head. She knows little about Maven's relationship with you, but she knew you were the best thing to ever happen to him. At least that's what Cal claimed. Mare was making her way up to the conversation about you using Evangeline.

"Oh, that." Maven shrugged, brushing it off with a wave. He wanted nothing to do with Evangeline and their marriage. "Planning the wedding is her business." Mare keeps her eyes on his, looking through them and into his heart. "If it were her business, she'd have been queen months ago." When he didn't reply, Mare went to the place she always wanted. "You don't want to marry her, maybe you want to marry someone else? Like, per say, your darling (Y/N)?" Instead of his facade strengthening, it crumbled. His fingers brush against his bracelet in anger, quickly pushing his emotions behind him with a sneer like they were never there. Mare smiled, meeting a weakness.

"But I know that's not why Silvers get married. And not even you can control that." Mare snapped, playing on a lovestruck boy instead of King Maven. Maven tried to let the remark slide off of him but it stuck, making him wonder. Mare Barrow struck a nerve.