Songfic: Seasonal Feathers

(Some sad shit

So okay

Reader is a Crane who can turn into a human

And Maven is a red

Okay? Okay

Also, ya'll like 30 years old in this so think about that)

Like feathers shimmering white; fluttering falling snow

You stretch out your human hands, taking in deep breaths as you try to warm yourself. Your husband, Maven, sits in front of a fireplace with a blanket wrapped around him. The cold has never bothered you, personally, but you fear for your human husband. You are not what he thinks you are. Long ago, he saved you from a trap in the forest. In his eyes, he saved a crane. You are a rare type of creature that can turn into a crane and a human. You don't know which you were born as, as you don't have any parents are understanding of real cranes. So you just live with Maven, as the years have gone by and you have loved and married him.

Just the two together waiting embracing tight

Maven looks at you with sad, mature eyes. You walk close to him, kneeling down next to him. Maven makes you feel a way you never have before. He makes you feel human. Maven wraps on arm around you, pulling you close as you rest close to him. The sound of the wind blowing against the window fills the air along with the crackling of the fire. It's truly pleasant here. This is where you want to spend the rest of your life.

"The snow has come again, just like that day back then." Maven whispers. You close your eyes, enjoying the sound of his voice. Yes, the day he speaks of was when you first came to his doorstep. You had a warm cloak wrapped around your head, protecting you from the harsh snow. You asked him for shelter from the storm. And after that day, you never left.

Flushing red I hid my face away from the heat

You snuggle closer to his chest. You wanted to tell him that you were the crane from the days before. But you're scared. Would he still love you if he knew you were the crane? Would he leave you? You don't want to suffer through the thought of him leaving you. So you keep it to yourself. 

Finally, spring has come again

The flowers on the front porch of your small, wooden home start to bloom early this year. You always loved being outside in nature. The feeling of the fresh grass under your feel and the soft air on your skin is the only harmony. You have even started your own garden out front that you can restart this season. And as you walk outside, Maven sits on the front steps with a basket full of cloth that he cuts accordingly. He knows that you love weaving, so he makes sure to always go to the market and get new materials for you.

Together with the birds I sing a chorus with this endless breath of happiness

The sounds of chirping fill your ears as you approach the steps. You smile warmly. You love the birds outside. Somehow, they always have a connection towards you. You lift up your finger as the sound of the wind blowing leaves calms the area around you. The bird flies to your hand, looking at you with one eye. 

Keep a secret, you want to tell it. It chirps at you, inching closer. You can't help but laugh. You let out a singing note in the same tone that the bird shared, making a fun game out of the moment you and this bird have together.

"When you sing, everything's beautiful," you say to me. 

That alone, those words you spoke, brought me joy that I could not express