One Shot: King's Visit

December has always been your favorite. A December morning is taking your time getting up. As a Gliacon, December is the time you're comfortable going outside. There's a frost today, so that as the darkness begins to lift, the trees are awash with a curious silver glow. It matches the sight of your castle. You sit alone. You always sit alone. You sit outside on a creaking rocking chair, a glass of tea in your hand, watching the red people in the distance slowly start finding their way outside. They wear heavy clothing, multiple layers. The lakes aren't entirely frozen yet, but there is a dullness to the surface that suggests if the coldness were to increase it would glaze over again. The land you have grown accustomed to is a vast, flat, treeless tundra. You can see miles and miles in each direction. In your casual little dress, you wait for your visitor.

You call yourself a very spoiled lady. One who is in a High House. One who's particularly close to the King of Norta. You have his warm heart in your hands and he has your frozen one in his. His mother died only recently, and he has told about how he has Mare in his castle. It's a disaster over there, so you are happy he's coming over here. You can listen to him, talk about his problems and heal him the best you can.

When Maven does finally come up you make the first move, hugging him with your hands wrapped around his shoulders. He hugs you back, quickly wrapping his hands around your waist. His warmth heats you up as he squeezes you tightly. He seems at ease. You notice his relaxation around the freezing cold weather. It's remarkable for a Calore. He picks you up, spinning you around. The cold air blows in your hair as you both laugh. When he places you down, you two stare into each other's eyes for a long time. The presence of Maven is unwittingly pleasant and relieving. It's like looking at a childhood friend after missing them for so long. 

Maven grabs your hands, holding them tightly with both of his. He leans closer to you and doesn't hesitate to whisper, "I have something to ask of you?" Curiosity makes you tilt your head. What could he possibly want? He asks of you in such a way it seems important. Maven has a small smile as he pulls you close to him. He places one of his hands on your waist and continues holding the other. It looks as if you two are going to dance. You hold your expression blank as you wait for what he is going to say.

"Will you be my queen?" He asks. Your eyes widen. You see treasures, love, and a crowd of people cheering for you. You smile, nodding your head. The queen of Norta, (Y/N) Gliacon. That sounds lovely.