Songfic: Tsumi no Namae

(Medieval AU

3240 words!!!!

I wrote this is one sitting and it's literally exactly 12 pm and I've been listening to the song on loop while writing this)

It was a cold, stormy night when a young maiden carried a newborn to her chest. The rain plowed against the ground. The only thing the maiden had to protect her and the child was a long, thick brown cloak that flew with her running. Her bare feet screamed in pain by all of the twigs and thorns piercing into its flesh. The maiden did not stop. She kept running against the force of her muscles. 

People screamed at her, running behind much slowly. The maiden refused to give her child over. The child, body disformed and malnourished the day it was born, was cursed not to live another day. But the maiden refused to give up her child.

Guns shoot, hitting trees nearby. The maiden holds her child close, who begins to wail. The moonlight hides the maiden under a tree as she tries to hide. The sound of her child's wail is hidden by the rain. Running will eventually cease to work. What must she do?

The sounds of footsteps got more audible as the maiden decided to run once again, revealing her short hiding place. A fellow, braid at the shoulders, aims his guns at the maiden - at the believed witch. As he shoots, the baby's cry gets louder. Its ears begin to ring.

The maiden was struck. Not once, but twice. She clenches her child to her chest, refusing to let go. The child weeps. And so does she.

When a goddess of fortune transfixed her eyes upon young me,

The get beckoned closer by the swaying leaves on the tall, everlasting trees. Nearby pixies emerge from their hiding spots to witness the cruelty of human nature. A light force emerges from the darkness. The men, holding their guns, point their killing machines at the figure. The figure opens her yellow eyes. She peers down at the baby before looking back at the men. 

"Cease," her voice, resembling raining glass, echoes throughout the forest. The men all get pushed back by the forces of her lifted hands. Trees sway in the same direction, leaves flying off. There are no human heartbeats anymore, all but one. One that is not supposed to be beating in the first place. The contrast between the moon and the light of the goddess made every bug burrow into the ground, not wanting to live for the wrath of fortune. The infant, smothered between the mud and their deceased mother, is suddenly lifted into the hands of a deity. 

She said "What a cute baby! A prime gift for the universe

Yes, she's the one! I'll entertain myself and have some fun,

She'll bear a grim curse."

You hear the tale of your birth every day from the deities that are constantly around you. They chip things like, you should be happy that you're alive in the first place. Along with living in the forest, you don't really find happiness in the environment around you, nevertheless your own body. Your fingers are rough, used for climbing trees as they are also webbed. Your body is deadly thin, unable to join anything and constantly losing. It's a curse to not be able to die. Your left eye doesn't seem to ever open, and it constantly leaves you jolting in pain. But sometimes when you see the butterflies dance along with the morning sun, you are happy that the goddess of fortune blessed you wish life. 

You like watching the humans on the outskirts of the forest. All of the deities say that they're nasty and gross, but you don't agree. They are not so different from them. The humans have machines you have seen before. Things like wheels and ovens that help them on a daily basis.