Songfic: Paradise

(somebody teach me how to write happy fanfictions, I'm trying here

WOAH I CRIED WRITING THIS HOLY SHIT

GUYS

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I'M AN AQUARIUS AND I NEVER HAVE FEELINGS

WHAT THE FUCK

I'M CRYING???)

I love the way your hand fits in mine

Maven grabs your hand, holding it dearly. He's dressed fancy for a time in midnight. You're dressed the same, wearing a dress not fit for traveling in the dirt. But you two walk together, hand in hand, across the tree line. The moonlight gives you enough light to confidently not bother about getting caught.

I love the way you've done your hair tonight, tonight

Maven can't stop looking at you. He finds you absolutely beautiful. Never had he thought he'd meet a red so beautiful against the rest. You looked so unique, so easy to spot in a crowd. He imagines hanging out with you makes you too really look like you belong in the spotlight. 

We can talk about our lives

It's quiet, you stare at the ground while Maven stares at you. His warm, silver hand keeps you proper as you try to walk in the dirt with heels. You often tumble, and Maven makes sure to keep you safe. He feels as if that's his job; to protect you. 

You love hanging out with Maven. He feels so strong and protective, you enjoy somebody like that. You imagine being with him for the rest of your life and even after that. Ever since you were small, you've wanted somebody you could call a lover. Maven is the perfect person to you. You wish to never meet anybody that could possibly draw you away from him.

Look at me with those angel eyes

Maven stops walking, and slowly, you do too. He smiles at you as you look him in the eyes. Hand still holding yours, he pulls you close to him. With one hand on your waist, he slowly begins to move with you. You two dance together in the buoyant moonlight. It's so fun. This is the moment you've longed for. And it's better than you've dreamed.

Wish that every night could be like this

You love looking up at Maven as he softly smiles at you. In a breathtaking second, you lean up and kiss him. He is quick to kiss back as he puts a hand on your cheek. Your hands go to his chest as you grip on to his shirt.

This must be what paradise is, is

Even after that day, you two still dress up only to walk outside and dance. After a year, it has been the same. You try to stay positive about things and try not to think about the future. But you know eventually, Maven will have to marry somebody, somebody not you. So, with knowing that, you savor every moment you have with him.

'Cause you're the only one, you're the only one who really gets me

Maven doesn't want to marry another girl. He'd sacrifice everything for you, or just take you with him into his world. He just wants somebody who understands him and is willing to fight with him. And you're the only person close enough to do that. You're the only girl willing to love Maven for who he truly is, not what his mom wants him to be.

You put that dress you know I love on tonight

In particular, this day is even special. It's mere hours before the Queenstrial. You're not excited for Maven to pick his bride. No matter who it may be, you know they'll be better at being a princess then you'll ever be.

And we're dancing under the lights, lights

Maven holds you tight, spinning you around for minutes on end. It's so fun. You wish you were a silver, somebody the world would be proud of Maven marrying. But as special as Maven makes you feel, you know you'll never truly be the perfect bride.

And that doesn't matter to you anymore. You don't care if you aren't perfect. You know that Maven loves you, and that's enough. You're putting your negative thoughts behind for now. 

And this feeling I can't fight
Comes back again

Maven kisses you, holding you close as he wishes this could never end. One day, he swears, one day you will be queen. One day he'll get the chance to start a family with you and truly be happy.

I say, "Why you crying, darling, why you crying?"

You hold Maven close to you, tears forming in your eyes. You are so spoiled. Maven is the perfect being in the world, you are so blessed to have him in your life. Even through the bad experiences, that do exist, you are truly happy to have him. He is the light of your life; the reason you are still alive today. Through his beautiful face and eyes, you see a boy you love you more than anything.

I say, "No point crying, no point crying
'Cause I know, I know that we'll meet again"